Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Politics and Debates
An idea of inherited Debt payment (death debt).

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good idea or bad idea?
  Good
  bad
View Results

Dusty-Boy

Dangerous Autobiographer

2,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:35 am
So when people die, their assets get dispersed... this includes debt actually which has always bothered me. So I figured a way to fix this issue.

What if 20% of cash assets were claimed by a federal "Pool" which would pay off all post death debt. Not many people have millions of dollars of debt, but when people like... say steve jobbs die... 20% of their cash could easily pay off trillions of dollars. this would ensure that you don't pay for your a*****e grandfather's gambling debt when you're still kicking... and that the guy who was paying you each week for a loan you gave him... would be repaid at some point.

just the shell of this idea but i'm trying to start a peaceful-political activist movement in my area which is devoid of any activism.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:35 am
The steel tastes so sweet,

Me thinks anyone non-willfully giving their earned money to some a*****e government, or federal 'pool' is insanity, and shouldn't ever be adopted.
When a person dies, their debt should die with them. Give the dead that respect, at least. And forcing someone elses debt, family or not, on someone else is extremely ******** retarded. You have the right motives, but you're leaving on the wrong plane.
I give up, I admit defeat.

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
Politics and Debates

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items