Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Barsexuals.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:39 pm
They piss me off. They really do. Here's what happened:

This morning at school, two girls who happen to be attention whores (one is a well known slut, the other is just constricted at home and thus acts out when shes with friends) decided it would be funny to kiss this morning. not just kiss, they sucked face for almost 30 seconds and thought it was so funny afterwords. Two of the people in our group had been video taping at the time and both caught it on tape and the two girls started talking loudly about how hilarious and cute it was that they kissed, and of course a lot of the guys and their younger friends agreed. That pissed me off by itself.
THEN at lunch they got the guy to show them the video, and called a bunch of their friends over to see it. They kept bringing it up and talking loudly about it, it was obviously for attention.

As a bi/pansexual girl, this was very hard for me to deal with. I have been yelled at, berated, and avoided because of my sexuality. I have had to defend myself against people who didn't know me, that I do in fact find boy and girls equally attractive. I have been called an indecisive bar-sexual, a creep who just wants girls for their bodies, and such. I fight openly and strongly against the bar-sexual stereotype. And then THESE two girls come along and do exactly what we bisexuals insist isn't the case!

I can honestly say that I was so mad at them for acting the way that they did, that I was shaking and had to remove myself for the situation, along with my other male bisexual friend.

It is THESE types of girls who are giving the sexuality of me and many others a bad wrap. Given, there are bisexuals out there who whore around with both genders, but I don't see that as any worse than homo or heterosexuals who do the same thing, because they are at least being true to their sexuality.

But when you fake, and pretend that you are something you are not just for attention, that causes issues with me.

[/rant]  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:56 pm
Denkou Soshiatae

This morning at school, two girls who happen to be attention whores (one is a well known slut, the other is just constricted at home and thus acts out when shes with friends) decided it would be funny to kiss this morning. not just kiss, they sucked face for almost 30 seconds and thought it was so funny afterwords. Two of the people in our group had been video taping at the time and both caught it on tape and the two girls started talking loudly about how hilarious and cute it was that they kissed, and of course a lot of the guys and their younger friends agreed. That pissed me off by itself.
THEN at lunch they got the guy to show them the video, and called a bunch of their friends over to see it. They kept bringing it up and talking loudly about it, it was obviously for attention.

As a bi/pansexual girl, this was very hard for me to deal with. I have been yelled at, berated, and avoided because of my sexuality. I have had to defend myself against people who didn't know me, that I do in fact find boy and girls equally attractive. I have been called an indecisive bar-sexual, a creep who just wants girls for their bodies, and such. I fight openly and strongly against the bar-sexual stereotype. And then THESE two girls come along and do exactly what we bisexuals insist isn't the case!

I can honestly say that I was so mad at them for acting the way that they did, that I was shaking and had to remove myself for the situation, along with my other male bisexual friend.

It is THESE types of girls who are giving the sexuality of me and many others a bad wrap. Given, there are bisexuals out there who whore around with both genders, but I don't see that as any worse than homo or heterosexuals who do the same thing, because they are at least being true to their sexuality.

But when you fake, and pretend that you are something you are not just for attention, that causes issues with me.

[/rant]

I totally understand what you mean. I know this isn't exactly the same, but this bothers me as well:
I'm a gay guy (for the record, not that it matters, I don't really act "gay"), and a lot of straight guys avoid me like the plague. But what I REALLY don't understand, is that if these so called homophobes hate gays, why do some straight guys think it's funny to act and joke around with each other like they're gay? All of a sudden it's a big joke now? It really really makes me sick to my stomach. There are days where I absolutely hate the fact that I'm gay because of the looks people give me, what they say to me, etc. (I'm not as strong as other people, so it's hard to handle sometimes). But it's okay if someone's just joking around or thinks it's funny/cute? I don't see how this is in any way shape or form okay.

And similar to you, I find this extremely difficult to deal with. All it ever does is make me angry to the nth degree. Humans in general just make me feel ill; I feel like I can't trust anyone, save for a few people.

Anyways, got a little off track there. Point is, I totally agree with you on this. People who fake something like this really get to me. I would've probably done exactly what you did in that situation, but add a few loud curse words and it would've been complete for me. evil But anyways, we must all try and ignore people like this, since they matter little in this society (well I ended this rant crappily... sweatdrop ).  

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:05 pm
The Ouroboros Alchemist
Denkou Soshiatae

[/rant]

I totally understand what you mean. I know this isn't exactly the same, but this bothers me as well:
I'm a gay guy (for the record, not that it matters, I don't really act "gay"), and a lot of straight guys avoid me like the plague. But what I REALLY don't understand, is that if these so called homophobes hate gays, why do some straight guys think it's funny to act and joke around with each other like they're gay? All of a sudden it's a big joke now? It really really makes me sick to my stomach. There are days where I absolutely hate the fact that I'm gay because of the looks people give me, what they say to me, etc. (I'm not as strong as other people, so it's hard to handle sometimes). But it's okay if someone's just joking around or thinks it's funny/cute? I don't see how this is in any way shape or form okay.

And similar to you, I find this extremely difficult to deal with. All it ever does is make me angry to the nth degree. Humans in general just make me feel ill; I feel like I can't trust anyone, save for a few people.

Anyways, got a little off track there. Point is, I totally agree with you on this. People who fake something like this really get to me. I would've probably done exactly what you did in that situation, but add a few loud curse words and it would've been complete for me. evil But anyways, we must all try and ignore people like this, since they matter little in this society (well I ended this rant crappily... sweatdrop ).

At my old (and very small) school, I was also avoided like the when I came out as bisexual. It did help me weed out who my real friends were, since the people who DIDN'T avoid me were actually very supportive.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:37 pm
I've seen what both of you are talking about. I'm a straight guy, but I would sometimes 'act' gay as a joke around my friends. Granted, most of these friends were A) Gay or Bi, themselves or B) They were straight and a part of the GSA with me, so we had the right to do so and we knew that none of the jokes meant any harm. We had a blast with it, look up a game called "Gay Chicken" and see if you can't get a few of your straighter friends to play. The results are hilarious. (Note: I've only lost One out of the Fifty odd games I've played and this is due to the fact that I challenged a gay friend who, turns out, had a crush on me....Note2: He was a pretty good kisser.)

Anyway, back on topic, we would sometimes see people that we knew were homo-haters 'act' gay with their friends and treat it like it was the funniest thing since the car accident. The worst thing you can do is try and confront them about it, as this will only entice them to continue it. Myself and a few friends made this mistake and, well, one of my friends was almost expelled for the fight that resulted from our 'talk' with these people. It sucks, but ignoring it is your best course of action. It's a basic internet rule: Don't Feed The Trolls...  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

PeachPunk

Liberal Loiterer

10,550 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:51 pm
I know exactly how you feel. I'm bi too, but I would never do something like that, or let people videotape it. The truth is, no matter what orientation, there are going to be people who love attention. Like the straight guys who propose to their girlfriends in theatres in front of everyone, or get the marriage proposal written on a big sign, like in the sky, on a billboard, or on the giant ads at the ballpark. Some people love to broadcast their relationship status to the whole world, but I'm not one of those people.I can tell you certainly aren't as well. I find it to be tasteless and stupid. But people have to understand that everybody does stuff like that, not just the bisexuals.
I'm not saying 100% that these girls were or were not bi, but it seems they definately don't have a relationship going on and love each other like girlfriend and girlfriend do. You're totally right. They wanted attention.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:33 am
i had to deal with alot of barsexuals in highschool. its even worse now that we are all adults. 2 of the biggest attention whores in highschool would always insist they were straight then make home videos of them doing stuff with each other to show to the boys at school. now that we are adults they are going around saying they are bisexual and one of them called me a slut after she recently learned im bisexual. a few months ago she started telling people that i used to have tons of girlfriends and boyfriends in highschool at the same time. ive only dated one girl in my life

sorry for the mini rant but i really just loathe barsexuals  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:42 am
I am so lucky to not have dealt with those kind of people in high school. Those sorts of attention whores give us a bad name.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:06 pm
I can understand that. I'm a lesbian, but there are straight women out there who call themselves lesbians not because they're attracted to only women but because they use the title to run away from men and date women just because its safer. Obviously they're not going to fall for a women if they're straight but will find companionship in it and theybasically wind up using those women and lying to themselves and the people around them. What bothers me about it is that they usually wind up dating men again in the end, and when other straight guys see this think they can turn a lesbian, and it just eggs on their pigish behavior and makes being a lesbian look like a joke. NOt to meniton that it causes us to defend ourselves constantly.

I feel for you. I've heard the bad rap bisexuals get from that. A lot of people think that bisexuals don't even exist because of all the barsexuals running around doing it for attention, and I'm sure thats where the, "they just haven't chosen a side yet" thing comes from. Which I never agreed with. you don't choose you are or aren't. Anyway, I know its frustrating but the best thing you can do is try to ignore it. I mean you can try to be bold and say something but odds are you'll get in a pointless fight. Wish someone would put people like that in their place.  

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

Denkou Soshiatae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm
Sunshine Peach-Heart
I know exactly how you feel. I'm bi too, but I would never do something like that, or let people videotape it. The truth is, no matter what orientation, there are going to be people who love attention. Like the straight guys who propose to their girlfriends in theatres in front of everyone, or get the marriage proposal written on a big sign, like in the sky, on a billboard, or on the giant ads at the ballpark. Some people love to broadcast their relationship status to the whole world, but I'm not one of those people.I can tell you certainly aren't as well. I find it to be tasteless and stupid. But people have to understand that everybody does stuff like that, not just the bisexuals.
I'm not saying 100% that these girls were or were not bi, but it seems they definately don't have a relationship going on and love each other like girlfriend and girlfriend do. You're totally right. They wanted attention.

My issues with these girls is that they are not bi. Otherwise, I would at least tolerate it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:07 pm
I absolutely loathe people who do anything just for attention. It really pisses me off, they have no clue that what they do affects other people. Hopefully those girls will grow up soon and realize what they did wasn't right in any way. I don't understand why people have to go around getting attention that way, there are so many other better ways to get attention -_-

I don't really have any barsexual people to deal with at my school but I do have hypocrites. Like one boy claims that he thinks being a gay guy is completely taboo and gross, but his best friend is an open lesbian. He says that two girls being together is hot, but doesn't want to accept two men being together.  

nurnse_rolol

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:26 pm
i've never had to deal people like that (kinda a hermit sweatdrop ) but i hate it when people act that way. they cant be hippocrits hating on LGB's then act like that. especially if they then claim that they are LGB. that's sooo wrong. at least admit to being a barsexual and stop being a pain in the a** for the rest of us! sheesh. people are so frustrating -_- #  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:17 am
jettblack28
I absolutely loathe people who do anything just for attention. It really pisses me off, they have no clue that what they do affects other people. Hopefully those girls will grow up soon and realize what they did wasn't right in any way. I don't understand why people have to go around getting attention that way, there are so many other better ways to get attention -_-

I don't really have any barsexual people to deal with at my school but I do have hypocrites. Like one boy claims that he thinks being a gay guy is completely taboo and gross, but his best friend is an open lesbian. He says that two girls being together is hot, but doesn't want to accept two men being together.

thats how the few homophobes we have in my area are. when its 2 girls its hot, when its 2 men its against god rolleyes  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items