Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
OMFG STUDIO GHIBLI I LOVE YOU FOREVER

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YESSSS
  whut?
View Results

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:16 am
http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi1087741465

Studio Ghibli made a movie based on The Borrowers. The Borrowers! AHHHH I love dem books so much. ...hrmn... cept I can't even remember the story all that well. I need to find that book and re-read it smilies/icon_gonk.gif

I do remember Hollywood tried to liveaction it up back in the 90s though and I remember it being something terrible xD ...cept it had an adorably baby-fatty Draco Malfoy and Professor Slughorn in it so yay? Ah nostalgia.

Cept now I'm all like oh hey Disney's releasing it in theaters? But oh, their dubbing is not always great it could be something kind of awful so now I'm wondering if I should just wait until they release it on dvd so I can get the japanese with subtitles. lkjsdfhgslkdjfs Idon'tcarewhateverthisisthebestwakeupeverEEEEeee  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:33 am
Oh! Yes, yes, the mid-90s Borrowers movie sucked a**. But there was a for-tv version that was really kinda awesome! Not the dollar tree one from the 70s, it was like... early 90s? You should look for it.

And yes, read all the books again! X3

(Your inner child might enjoy episodes of an 80s cartoon called The Littles, btw. It was SUCH a blatant ripoff, I think they got sued. XD But they had tails, you see...)  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Android Amber

Wheezing Smoker

13,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:30 am
They also did Tales from Earthsea, which is based on an AWESOME book series.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:08 pm
Wow, I've never read The Borrowers! Read almost all of The Littles, though. At first I thought you were talking about that series. I didn't know there were two series that were similar...but I look forward to this movie (like all Studio Ghibli movies)  

Annai-chansan

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:55 pm
Android Amber
I read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them so much. I love Ursula K. LeGuin's writing. But I heard the animated movie wasn't that great, and I'm still reeling from the terribleness that was the Earthsea mini-series from Syfy gonk

@Annai-chansan: So there's The Littles books too? I remember seeing glimpses of the tv series Lychee mentioned but I'd no idea it went to multiple mediums.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:55 pm
Junimaia
Android Amber
I read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them so much. I love Ursula K. LeGuin's writing. But I heard the animated movie wasn't that great, and I'm still reeling from the terribleness that was the Earthsea mini-series from Syfy gonk

@Annai-chansan: So there's The Littles books too? I remember seeing glimpses of the tv series Lychee mentioned but I'd no idea it went to multiple mediums.

Yeah...I never knew it went beyond books XD. My television knowledge is almost non existent  

Annai-chansan

ieatwood

Distinct Rogue

8,500 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:24 pm
omfg omfg omfg <3;
must see.

i love the borrowers, and how did i not realize they were books? must fix this.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games