Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
how do I show that im out?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kirinkiller

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:18 am
I'm very shy so i'm not entirely able to just go start flirting or asking a guy out (plus I want to show that im out and proud) so I was wondering how I could show that im out/available without letting my very religious parents know.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:03 am
What are you out as?  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:14 pm
when I came out I just went on and on about girls and started wearing rainbow everything...not exactly subtle but I kinda just didn't care anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:49 pm
Rainbow accesories? maybe a rubberband. t shirts?  

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:29 pm
I didn't do much after I came out. Mainly because my parents were very accepting of me. But like Cheizlord and Sin Error said, just give subtle hints like rainbows and maybe talking about some guy...I don't really know. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:29 pm
I haven't come out yet myself, I've tried before with some of my friends and lets just say I'm a very lonely person now. But the way I see it, you should let your parents know first. They kind of have to be accepting the way I see things. I've actually never heard of some one disowning a child because of them being gay or lesbian.  

The Flying Mako

Invisible Citizen

kirinkiller

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:34 am
thanks everyone Ill try the subtle rainbow thing. btw im gay in response to esiris's question  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:07 am
Hmm, you can do what I do. Wear ponytails on your wrist while you're out somewhere making a sort of makeshift rainbow wristband. I have long hair so my parents don't find it weird that a guy has multicolored ponytails on his dresser.  

Luneth Moon

Timid Fox

12,400 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100

Reveladom

Omnipresent Loiterer

15,425 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:56 am
I just recently started getting different colored clothes. Like, my grandparents (whom I live with) don't know I'm gay, but I bought a few "old choices" in clothes and told'em I'm trying a new look and that my sister suggested it (which are both true). They didn't think twice about it.

Of course, I don't you personally or what style of clothes you normally wear, but I just thought to share, maybe inspire something? I dunno. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:32 am
xXWeMakeWafflesXx
I haven't come out yet myself, I've tried before with some of my friends and lets just say I'm a very lonely person now. But the way I see it, you should let your parents know first. They kind of have to be accepting the way I see things. I've actually never heard of some one disowning a child because of them being gay or lesbian.

For some, it isn't safe to come out to parents, and not just because of disowning. I see where you're coming from, but it doesn't necessarily hold true for everyone's' parents.  

Atrum_Anima

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff