Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Morality = subjective?? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Matasoga

Wailing Abomination

35,625 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 am
Esiris
Matasoga
This depends on whether you mean how morality is defined, or what morality actually is.

I don't think people have really tried to define morality in this thread- instead they just list examples.

I'd suggest a different approach, then. All the same, trying to get a consensus on morality, I suppose just further proves the subjectivity of its nature.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:38 am
Matasoga
Esiris
Matasoga
This depends on whether you mean how morality is defined, or what morality actually is.

I don't think people have really tried to define morality in this thread- instead they just list examples.

I'd suggest a different approach, then. All the same, trying to get a consensus on morality, I suppose just further proves the subjectivity of its nature.

It doesn't- an absence of agreement doesn't mean reality is subjective any more than an absence of agreement between doctors who misdiagnose a patient changes what is making the patient sick in the first place.

What we have from most people in the discussion is a failure to logically examine their understanding of morality which is flawed because of their lack of education.

Every reason given why morality is subjective so far has fallen into the same logical traps that we explained in my first post, if people won't address those flaws, they can't move forward in their arguments. If they can't address those fallacies, maybe it would be better to just say so, and devote more time and study to morality and the chain of disciplines that shape our interaction with morality.  

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Off-Topic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers