Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Why does my cat drool?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parfait Parrot

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:35 am
Whenever I pet, cuddle, or play with my cat, Andria, she starts to drool. A lot. Like big heavy drops of saliva soaking through my clothes and the furniture. None of the other cats I've ever had have done this. She's maybe seven years old, is this normal/okay?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:52 am
If your cat is not a drooler/kneader, then sudden drooling normally indicates a problem.

But some adult cats drool while they are being petted, massaged, or while they are nuzzling in clothes/fabric. This drooling is usually accompanied with the kneading of the cat’s paws. It is a respond to your petting. She might just be happy.

My cat Hiro used to do the same. But he stopped doing it after a while.  

pompoennetje

Akari_32

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:15 am
When I volunteered at the Humane Society, we had at least one drooly cat at any given time. If yours has always done it, its probably not a big deal. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:06 pm
Funklepuss
If your cat is not a drooler/kneader, then sudden drooling normally indicates a problem.

But some adult cats drool while they are being petted, massaged, or while they are nuzzling in clothes/fabric. This drooling is usually accompanied with the kneading of the cat’s paws. It is a respond to your petting. She might just be happy.

She's always kneading when she drools so that's okay then! Thanks X3  

Parfait Parrot

pompoennetje

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:34 am
Parfait Parrot
Funklepuss

She's always kneading when she drools so that's okay then! Thanks X3

No problem. smile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:14 pm
hypersalivation in cats is usually a response to stress or excitement. If it churns up suddenly when they didn't use to I would get it checked out, if he's always done it, maybe just try to remember to bring it up next time you see your vet.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces