Sharing work stories again.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:30 pm
I think I'm overdue for this. Thankfully, since the last time I posted about work, so many pets have come in and are already adopted. Two black kittens found in a dumpster, sweetest kittens ever, adopted within the week. Jack, a mature orange Tabby, also a total sweetheard, adopted within a week. Sophie the pup with the fractured skull finally went into foster care to get some training and live a normal puppy life.

Still with us is Dena, who sort of struck a cord in my heart. She arrived with her sister as a stray, already passed the cute kitten phase but not all grown up yet, and both very skiddish. Her sister got adopted pretty quick as she was quite friendly. When Dena first arrive, I couldn't pick her up without getting scratched to hell. Still have a scar from the first time I tried. She's been with us maybe a month, and I was so scared for her, that she would never get adopted, and wondered what would happen. Because she's a great cat, that just jumped at every noise and couldn't be held. No I hold her in my arms like a baby, and she still jumps a bit when I open the door, and she still lays her ears flat in utter fear when I reach towards her, but then she relaxes in my arms and loves being pet and given attention. She has come such a long way and I really hope she finds a good home soon.

Derek, I dunno why he's still there lol. He reminds me of my aunts cat, he's one of those cats you can do ANYTHING too and he's still a cute lil kitten.

We have three new cats that are even worse than Dena when she came in, but I'm optimistic. Unfortunately they're all mature so that is not in their favor. They would be so much better off in foster though. At my clinic they are in metal cages that make a loud noise when you open them. They only get socialization when people clean their cage or feed them. They;re NOT aggressive, but they hide in their box making themselves as flat as possible it's really sad.

We have a parvo dog Trent, who reminds me of Cowboy, such a sweeet dog. I think it might kill me if he doesn't recover. He seems to be doing good, but, just not improving.

We also just found out the 4 pups that came in last week are parvo positive. So our Iso room is totally full. And I have no idea how Rosie's dog adoption is going to afford all their care. There was a lot of talk about euthanasia for the golden pups, but I heard the foster demanded they be treated and threatened to quit as a foster if they gave up on them. Everyone has mixed feeling about this. Of course we want them to have a chance, it's also going to cost a LOT of money 5 parvo dogs at the same time. I mean, we weren't even sure we could muster up enough fluid pumps for them all.

You can check out the dogs here

I met Baxter, he has Aussie eyes and looks like a great agility dog. He reminds me of Cowboy too lol. He wines a lot when he's alone but is otherwise very behaved.

Okay, last story, and I'm sorry they're mostly sad. We have this client owned cat, who is in ICU. His owner comes to visit him for an hour at a time. Basically as long as we'll let her stay. She left one of her socks in his cage. I found him lying in front of it with his face just pressed up in it. Was the sweetest thing. I really want him to pull through.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:24 pm
hmm, not too many responses lol. Alright well I have good news and bad news...

All the puppies have seemingly recovered and gone back to their foster. Trent is doing much better, he is also back in foster. And whhaatt a sweety he is. I think Dena is either in foster or adopted, didn't see her last time I was in.

However, Muser, the cat who was snuggled up to his owner's sock. Is in horrible condition, much worse than when he came in, he's skin and bones, he's just wasting away and I hope they get up the courage to euthanize him soon cause I can't stand to force feed him anymore.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:40 am
thats so sad. i dont know how on earth you can have your job and not try to take every one of those animals home with you. if i worked someplace that had homeless kittens and dogs i would probably become a horder  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games