Is this a good Mali Uromastyx dietary web site? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:31 pm
Kipluck
I know how you feel. I credit my tortoise and beardie primarily with keeping my family healthy and eating salads. (*I* can't eat them anymore. Raw veggies are on my bad list. stare ).

Mine don't have much of a variety right now. Our grocery stores don't carry chickory, chard, etc right now. So we get by on Spring Mix most of the time. I FINALLY am feeding enough salad eaters that the greens don't go bad before I use them up.

My biggest problem with those is they are very pricey for the amount of veggies you get. You would get a lot more frozen squash and such at the grocery store.

I think lettuces and other greens lose nutrition freezing, but squashes and other veggies do not, so that is a good way to go.

Thanks, Kip! He's nice and fat, and shedding right now. His first real shed!! blaugh He had a big piece of skin hanging off his back the last time I saw him. Usually, its just little bits that get sloughed off here and there, mostly on his chin (he rubs his face in the sand or on his bowl to get little bits of veggies off xd ), so I'm really excited! He's nice and fat. We bought him at about 4 1/2 inches 11 months ago, and he's now about 8 inches, and tubby LOL

I didn't have enough time to get him some beans, but I tried the cactus pear, and guess what? He wouldn't eat it!!!! scream

Mom says he hasn't been eating much. Do you think its because he's shedding? Will he eat his shed, or should it be removed when he finally gets it off?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:28 am
Akari_32
Kipluck
I know how you feel. I credit my tortoise and beardie primarily with keeping my family healthy and eating salads. (*I* can't eat them anymore. Raw veggies are on my bad list. stare ).

Mine don't have much of a variety right now. Our grocery stores don't carry chickory, chard, etc right now. So we get by on Spring Mix most of the time. I FINALLY am feeding enough salad eaters that the greens don't go bad before I use them up.

My biggest problem with those is they are very pricey for the amount of veggies you get. You would get a lot more frozen squash and such at the grocery store.

I think lettuces and other greens lose nutrition freezing, but squashes and other veggies do not, so that is a good way to go.

Thanks, Kip! He's nice and fat, and shedding right now. His first real shed!! blaugh He had a big piece of skin hanging off his back the last time I saw him. Usually, its just little bits that get sloughed off here and there, mostly on his chin (he rubs his face in the sand or on his bowl to get little bits of veggies off xd ), so I'm really excited! He's nice and fat. We bought him at about 4 1/2 inches 11 months ago, and he's now about 8 inches, and tubby LOL

I didn't have enough time to get him some beans, but I tried the cactus pear, and guess what? He wouldn't eat it!!!! scream

Mom says he hasn't been eating much. Do you think its because he's shedding? Will he eat his shed, or should it be removed when he finally gets it off?

its also getting a bit cooler. i dont know where you live but its getting colder where i am and my geckos and skinks have already started on winter slowdown  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:50 am
Shanna66

its also getting a bit cooler. i dont know where you live but its getting colder where i am and my geckos and skinks have already started on winter slowdown

I live in Florida. Mom and Rexie live in central Florida, and I live in the panhandle.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:52 am
Akari_32
Shanna66

I live in Florida. Mom and Rexie live in central Florida, and I live in the panhandle.

im guessing it isnt too cold yet then lol. could be because of shedding then, im not sure. i know my geckos stop eating right before they shed but i think thats because they eat their skin  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Akari_32

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:21 am
Shanna66
Akari_32
Shanna66

im guessing it isnt too cold yet then lol. could be because of shedding then, im not sure. i know my geckos stop eating right before they shed but i think thats because they eat their skin

It just today got to be 47* up here. Back home, its still in the 70's and 80's. Though at this point, it won't be for long lol  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:46 pm
Akari_32
Shanna66
Akari_32
Shanna66

It just today got to be 47* up here. Back home, its still in the 70's and 80's. Though at this point, it won't be for long lol

our temps have been all screwy, it was cold last week but today it felt hot. sometimes i hate va weather  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers