Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Friends or a happy life?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ariel Yardena Davidson

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:24 am
so ... Rian and i are stuck. It turns out that one of Rian's now ex-friends does NOT approve of the "lifestyle." On BIBLICAL reasonings as well as personal disgust, from how the thing looked.

i'll have him post here for more details.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:29 am
Mainly, I was friends with this girl for the past...6 or so years and we were BFFs in high school. However, as of late, she called me up and asked how I was.

Told her I was in a relationship with Ash and she blew up in my face, saying diatribes like 'What kind of transgender person are you?' and stuff like that.

I've since defriended her in every which way possible, but now my other friend is saying that she has always resented my lifestyle, giving me the cold shoulder when I started dating, coming out as transgender, etc.

She is openly disgusted on our relationship and I feel conflicted because my other friend says that said ex-friend wants to stay friends with me, but wants to not talk or hear about the relationship.

What to do?

Should I be friends with this girl, but split up with Ash?
Or am I better off without the girl in my life?  

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:48 pm
Anyone who is going to judge your lifestyle and who you are isn't worth your time. It's your life and your decisions, not hers. I wouldn't base any decisions on rumors, but from what it sounds like, this girl could cause quite a bit a drama.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:11 pm
Ditch the girl, stay with Ash.
If she's that opposed to your life style, then she's not really your friend.
A true friend would accept your lifestyle, or at least tolerate it enough to hear about it.

Tell her that when you let her go.  

Gresley Toombs

Super Survivor

xXxAutumnxLeafxXx

Shirtless Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 pm
Wow... Shes a b***h no offence. Your better off with Ash. He seems sweet. Best of luck (:  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:05 am
If she's willing to give you up because of something you can't change, she's not worth it. Like everyone here said, ditch the b***h. You've seen her true colours and real opinions, and no matter how many memories you've had as friends, it's not worth it if she's not accepting of your lifestyle.  

She Promised You Cookies

Proxy Guildswoman

8,450 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Guildmember 100

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:34 pm
Wolfram Asher Davidson
as well as personal disgust, from how the thing looked.

Perhaps this friend shouldn't be thinking of you two having sex then.

Ditch the b***h, as someone said it. Oh I like that. Good advice. Friends are different than family. If they truly care for you though they should accept you for who you are.

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games