Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Seems the peeing might be behavioral. Help?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:42 am
Tora finishes his antibiotics tomorrow. And he hasn't had ANY problems peeing outside of the litterbox in the past week. Oh. But I'm doing laundry and not letting him hop into the dryer.... so clearly he must protest. By peeing the ******** laundry basket.

How the hell am I supposed to teach him that this is NOT acceptable?
Right now he's in the cat carrier. He probably will be until I get clean clothes to change into (since he didn't stop peeing when I picked him up).  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:33 pm
Has it happened again since the laundry incident? At that point, I would treat the cat like a puppy, yell to startle him, pick him up, even though it sucks to get peed on, if it's possible even carry him to the litter. A time out in the carrier is acceptable for up to 10mins. Try to prevent as much as you can, like, if you know he's going to get upset, lock him in a bathroom with a litter box.

For example, Rascal, 13yrs, perfectly litter trained, never any accidents, never pees outside his box for stress or other silly reasons BUT. If I go away for more than like a day, and my brother babysits him, he will take a dump on his(my brother's) bed. Once, my brother was extra careful to keep him away from his room all weekend, I got him and the cat was actually outside, I let him in, not thinking about him having access to my brother's room cause, well, I'm home now, the stress is over. Plus he'd been outside ALL DAY, and he went straight to his room and shat on his bed. gonk

He just...doesn't like my brother sweatdrop  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:58 pm
That's the good news, nothing since then. I was just frustrated since I was out of clothes and the clothes I currently had on then had pee all over them. I usually do just put him in the bathroom with his litter box (where it stays, actually).

And it's so random sometimes. Like we do some things that'd upset him (like forcing a pill down his throat?) and other things that are just silly (he's honestly ticklish, and it's hilarious!)... and he doesn't pee over that stuff. But I didn't let him into the dryer, and he decides to pee? Or boyfriend goes to work and just that one morning it upsets him and he has to pee by the door. It's not like it's every time he leaves... I don't really understand it. crying I suppose if it keeps up, we're gonna have to contact the humane society for advice. The vet's proven that he's all better now and it can't be something physical... maybe we need a kitty head shrinker.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:07 am
If it's only once in a blue moon, is it really necessary to look into it that much? I guess I'm a bit too lenient with mine, but, at a certain point cats will be cats, they are a tad unpredictable and no cat is 100% litter trustworthy.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 pm
If it continues to happen so often, then I will look into it. But if it continues to be rare, then it won't be as big of a deal.

Thanks for your view on the situation. smile  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff