Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Christmas Help? I'm Going For the First Kiss =)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:25 pm
So guys, I've started dating this girl, and we've been going slow... Really slow. Why? Well, she's never had a relationship before, is still a virgin, is not out to her family, and has not had her first kiss yet. I don't want to overstep any boundaries, but I feel like she's given me a few clues that she's ready for the kiss.

But here's the thing: I want it to be special. She's more of the romantic type, and I want to make sure it's worth remembering for her. She'll only get one first kiss, and I get to be it. biggrin She will also retell the story to her gay/lesbian group, so there's added pressure. And when we met, she told me she was sure about guys but not sure about girls, yet now she says she's sure about girls but not about guys, so I am... Confused. neutral So I have a feeling this is either going to make or break a relationship. It NEEDS to be good, or else we won't even get a chance. sad

She's creative and romantic. She loves decorating her dorm room (about $100+ each year). She snuggles with a pillow every night. We live kinda far away (long story), but we make time for each other. And she made me wait a month before she started dropping hints, so I don't honestly feel bad making her wait a month to actually get it. stare So I don't want to hear about it.

So here's what I was thinking of doing: I was going to get her this because it's innocent to people who don't know and cute to people who do know about us. I'm going to give them to her (filled with comfy snuggle-worthy pillows, of course) so they face each other, and tell her that even though they're so far apart that they're on different pillows, they still found love somewhere in the middle (referencing our distance). And even though our personalities are different, and we come from two different places, I think we could be just as lucky. Then I'm going to go for it with either the arm-neck-wrap or a hand-to-neck movement to bring her closer (haven't decided yet). And I'm going to finish by telling her everything I like about her.

The problem? They're pillow cases. stare And that's a very shitty gift... I'm also worried that they give off too much of the "I want to be in your bed" vibe, which could be a problem. Also, the urge to point to the one with the purse and say, "I want to be this one" is too great to ignore. She carries a wallet and I have a purse; I can't help it. It just makes sense. crying

But I don't know... It's a lot of power, so I might be thinking too hard about it. I know that the experience will matter forever to her, but I also don't want her to look back and think (if we end up together), "that was nice and all, but could you have spared a REAL present?"

IDK, just give me gift ideas if nothing else. That's what I seem to be having the most trouble with. But any romance ideas would help; she's shy, so nothing too serious. And she's a scheduler, so I would probably need to give some hint that I'm in this for the long run.

If you want to chat, tell me how your first kiss went. Or, looking back, tell me what you would have liked it to have went?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 pm
that souns SO sweet. Ill agree with you that maybe the pillowcases as a gift are kinda bla-but the sentiment behind them is so CUTE. I think you should place the pillows in her room and not tell her the signifigance, then take her out to dinner or a movie or something. Then when you get back to the room, you can explain the pillows while you're arms are around her and it'll just be so SWEET...sorry, bit of a romantic. I do think the pillow cases themselves are a great idea, and I think it's fabulous that you're takeing in how she may feel about getting her first kiss. It's suposed to be special.  

Serrenedy

Unbeatable Lover

6,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Friendly 100
  • 20 Wins 100

QuackiChick

4,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:10 am
Awwwwwww 4laugh 4laugh
This is adorable. I think the pillows are a good idea, I would have never thought of them. She'll probably find them cute.
About the first kiss....I can't give you advice on that since it wasn't really a kiss I wanted, but I agree it should be special.
If you want to hint you're in it for the long run you might say things like "oh imagine christmas next year". thing that would hint you'd be together that long.
Your so sweet to be doing this all for her~~  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:54 am
Serrenedy
that souns SO sweet. Ill agree with you that maybe the pillowcases as a gift are kinda bla-but the sentiment behind them is so CUTE. I think you should place the pillows in her room and not tell her the signifigance, then take her out to dinner or a movie or something. Then when you get back to the room, you can explain the pillows while you're arms are around her and it'll just be so SWEET...sorry, bit of a romantic. I do think the pillow cases themselves are a great idea, and I think it's fabulous that you're takeing in how she may feel about getting her first kiss. It's suposed to be special.

xd There are no movies she wants to see, and I always take her out to eat. If anything, I would want it to be a little bit misleading (she likes surprises) so it seems like that's how we're celebrating. But we're going to a dance at her school that night (semi-formal), so I guess I could just sneak them there right before she locks the door. That way, we come back and it's all a little bit more formal.

QuackiChick
Awwwwwww 4laugh 4laugh
This is adorable. I think the pillows are a good idea, I would have never thought of them. She'll probably find them cute.
About the first kiss....I can't give you advice on that since it wasn't really a kiss I wanted, but I agree it should be special.
If you want to hint you're in it for the long run you might say things like "oh imagine christmas next year". thing that would hint you'd be together that long.
Your so sweet to be doing this all for her~~

Hey, don't feel bad; mine was on drugs, from a guy I didn't want it from, and made me loose a friend. stare I'm worried about saying "imagine Christmas next year" if I kiss her for this one and give her pillows... I think it might get her worried. She tends to over-think things, and she's not really ready to consider that yet.

I should probably say that we're not spending Christmas together, though; this is before Christmas. Her family doesn't know about me, and that's probably for the best at this point.  

Almost Poetic

QuackiChick

4,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:59 pm
Almost Poetic

Hey, don't feel bad; mine was on drugs, from a guy I didn't want it from, and made me loose a friend. stare I'm worried about saying "imagine Christmas next year" if I kiss her for this one and give her pillows... I think it might get her worried. She tends to over-think things, and she's not really ready to consider that yet.

I should probably say that we're not spending Christmas together, though; this is before Christmas. Her family doesn't know about me, and that's probably for the best at this point.

sweatdrop I didn't think about that. Hmmmm.......I don't know. I'll ask my friend at school on monday (she's a major romantic) and I'll try to get back to you. But it sounds like your an excellent girlfriend and trying really hard to consider her feeling. ^w^ i hope it works out  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:24 pm
QuackiChick
Almost Poetic

sweatdrop I didn't think about that. Hmmmm.......I don't know. I'll ask my friend at school on monday (she's a major romantic) and I'll try to get back to you. But it sounds like your an excellent girlfriend and trying really hard to consider her feeling. ^w^ i hope it works out

Thank you. ^^ All responses help.  

Almost Poetic

Almost Poetic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:30 pm
Actually, I can't sneak these into her room. sad They'd be too big and she'd see them before I could hide them. My second thought was to buy her a gold-trimmed lacquered rose (they looked better than the all-gold roses, even though they're the same price), but that's not her favorite flower. Third thought was a necklace engraved with the date, to maker her wonder what was so special about the day, but I have yet to find a place online that will do it within the time frame I have (next Saturday). So I'm kinda in a bad place right now...

I kinda wish she had told me the date earlier. neutral But it's not her fault; I want something specific and that seems like setting myself up for failure at this point.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:55 am
literally, I felt like I am your girlfriend, the only difference is that I am a male.

Why don't you buy those pillow cases then buy some feathers, put them inside the case anddd sooww eett smile

I think it would be great because you put effort to it.
I am planning to make one for myself. yah I know, my Christmas is cold.  

Countervail

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:22 am
As for the kiss, well my first kiss was with a boy I didn't even like and it was horrible, but I don't count that anyway. Boys are unicorns. My first real kiss was with my first love and that was way better, but not because of how she did it or where (considering we were in the woods) but because it was with someone I cared about. What I'm saying is I don't think she'll be looking to just how exactly you kissed her but the fact that you did. When she looks back on her first kiss with you she's going to be thinking about the fact that it was with someone she cared about. She's going to remember the feeling and emotion that you put behind it. For a first kiss that's more important than anything else. Don't stress too much about the technical stuff and let your feelings do the thinking for you.

I think your gift is perfect for this situation. It's not too much and there's a lot of thought put behind it. I've always lived my life by symbolism so I personally find that adorable. Especially with the whole distance idea and the fact that the little pictures are kissing from far away. Sometimes just the very thought put into something speak volumes, but it really depends on the person, so if you think she needs something more than I would consider it and give her something on the side. Also, if you're worried about sending mixed messages, just let her know what your true intentions are behind the gift. I wouldn't bring up that you weren't trying to send the "I want in your bed message" because one it might make things awkward and two she might not have even been thinking that to begin with.

If I think of any gift Ideas for you I'll PM you. Good luck. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:55 pm
Countervail
literally, I felt like I am your girlfriend, the only difference is that I am a male.

Why don't you buy those pillow cases then buy some feathers, put them inside the case anddd sooww eett smile

Ohhh, I wish I read this before I cancelled the order. sad I could have shaped it into a heart. Gaia didn't give me a notification. I think it's a cute idea. ^^ And, err... She's not my girlfriend yet. I plan on asking her soon after this, though.

Ohhhh, if you want to know the best gift to make for someone? One of those no-sew blankets. We both have one. They're soo comfy and warm. xp I thought it looked tacky, but I can't imagine life without it now.

CheizLord
As for the kiss, well my first kiss was with a boy I didn't even like and it was horrible, but I don't count that anyway. Boys are unicorns. My first real kiss was with my first love and that was way better, but not because of how she did it or where (considering we were in the woods) but because it was with someone I cared about. What I'm saying is I don't think she'll be looking to just how exactly you kissed her but the fact that you did. When she looks back on her first kiss with you she's going to be thinking about the fact that it was with someone she cared about. She's going to remember the feeling and emotion that you put behind it. For a first kiss that's more important than anything else. Don't stress too much about the technical stuff and let your feelings do the thinking for you.

I think your gift is perfect for this situation. It's not too much and there's a lot of thought put behind it. I've always lived my life by symbolism so I personally find that adorable. Especially with the whole distance idea and the fact that the little pictures are kissing from far away. Sometimes just the very thought put into something speak volumes, but it really depends on the person, so if you think she needs something more than I would consider it and give her something on the side. Also, if you're worried about sending mixed messages, just let her know what your true intentions are behind the gift. I wouldn't bring up that you weren't trying to send the "I want in your bed message" because one it might make things awkward and two she might not have even been thinking that to begin with.

Oh, no. redface I never would have brought it up to her unless she did. I just thought she might be embarrassed or think I'm pressuring her or anything.

Haha, thanks for the input. xd It helps take some of the pressure off hearing it from someone else's point of view.  

Almost Poetic

CheizLord

6,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 pm
Almost Poetic
Countervail

Ohhh, I wish I read this before I cancelled the order. sad I could have shaped it into a heart. Gaia didn't give me a notification. I think it's a cute idea. ^^ And, err... She's not my girlfriend yet. I plan on asking her soon after this, though.

Ohhhh, if you want to know the best gift to make for someone? One of those no-sew blankets. We both have one. They're soo comfy and warm. xp I thought it looked tacky, but I can't imagine life without it now.

CheizLord

Oh, no. redface I never would have brought it up to her unless she did. I just thought she might be embarrassed or think I'm pressuring her or anything.

Haha, thanks for the input. xd It helps take some of the pressure off hearing it from someone else's point of view.

well your welcome and wanted to point that out just in case. haha  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:28 am
Almost Poetic

and I also wish that I could purchase one of those pillowcase in our country, but unfortunately I can't emotion_8c so I guess I'll have to design my own pillowcase and thought she was emotion_yatta

I think i'll just give Christmas cards for this season and I never have had those no-sew blankets ever since. emotion_awesome  

Countervail

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff