Well, Piper is officially taking on the role of food provider. On Thanksgiving, I looked all over the house but couldn't find him. We're diligent on keeping the basement and garage doors closed so he doesn't get away. I went out in the garage, and what is there but a mouse laying in the middle of the garage floor. <3 When my brother went to throw it out, he saw that there were two puncture wounds on the neck, suggesting Piper picked him up and shook it till the neck broke. The stomach was even intact <3 I start calling Piper's name, and follow the sound to the outside door. I walk around the garage, and there he was.

OUTSIDE. I got REALLY upset. Since he was a barn cat, we don't know what he's been exposed to, we don't know if he would have came back to the house, and he's too small for his collar and tag right now (he is wearing a ribbon so atleast you can tell he's not just a stray and that he has a home). I brought him in and my mom and brother had an 'oh thats unfortunate' attitude.

My brother wanted to hold him but I was like: If he's your cat, then maybe I shouldn't be the one running and tearing the house apart looking for him when no one has seen him for 3 hours, and maybe you should try this magical thing called taking care of him. Just because he's a cat and Annabelle's a cat too doesn't mean that I have to take care of both of them. Wouldn't kill you to learn how to clean their ears out.

Today, I brought a plate of giblets into the laundry room and locked him in there with me. He actually growled at ME when I went to poke the liver he was tossing around. He chewed about a meals worth of flesh off of the neck though so I was happy. Looks like the baby's gonna be getting fresh flesh for the next couple of days <333