Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Needing quotes for my paper!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:21 pm
Okay, here's the deal:

I'm currently writing a paper on Wicca, and I need some quotes to prove that there are opposing views. So, here's the question:

"What do you think about Wicca (as a religion, practice, etc.) and why?"

Quick answers will be greatly appreciated (as this is due tomorrow... emotion_0A0 ).
However, please try to keep your answers/responses short, it just makes it easier for me. It also doesn't matter if you don't know much about the religion itself, I just need your current thoughts.

cat_blaugh THANKS!!! cat_blaugh

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:05 pm
Unfortunatly, a lot of people who don't know very much about the religion seem to fear it. I think if more people undersood some of the basic beliefs and history associated with it, there would be less opposing views.  

xXbelovedXxx

Lunatic

12,350 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:19 pm
The different aspects make it confusing to a newcomer looking at Wicca, but the basics tend to be (from what I've been told) to just do what you feel is right, there is a higher power and magic stuff, but it's not the focal point of the religion. If I remember right the two creators were originally both women, aka lesbians? That's an epic religion right there. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:56 pm
I think Sharpened may wish to check out Gerald Gardner, who my points going focus on. Gardner may or may not have established the religion sincerely, its not my place to say. He did a pretty good job of codifying it. and society has done a good job of misinterpreting it.  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:03 pm
Skreemer
I think Sharpened may wish to check out Gerald Gardner, who my points going focus on. Gardner may or may not have established the religion sincerely, its not my place to say. He did a pretty good job of codifying it. and society has done a good job of misinterpreting it.

I agree with you here. I think religions similar to Wicca existed before Gardner (I know that Pagan-based ones existed before Christianity), but he made it more... concrete, for lack of a better word.  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games