Reply 17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies
Winx club

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Short Melancholic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:15 pm
So how do you guys feel about this show? I think their skimpy outfits are horrible, all the characters are just stick people who barely wear any clothes at all, it's no wonder girls are starting to have low self esteem at younger and younger ages, if even cartoon characters are shaped perfectly and wearing not a lot of clothes. Not to mention it makes it seem ok to strut around in skimpy clothes. Like I can understand something skimpy ( like a pair of shorts) every now and then, but all the time, like they do, seems degrading and like they're starting girls off young in being expected to show off their bodies.
Not to mention they're not proportioned naturally at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm
personally i love winx club
and anyway aren't most cartoon girls the same? skinny with skimpy outifts?
with weird proportions?
o.O

takochuu

Shoujo Wife

Nanaremilamina

Timid Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:29 pm
I remember watching The Winx Club years ago on FoxBox/4Kids TV on Saturday mornings. When did it come back on the air?

Most cartoons and anime creators put girls in skimpy outfits with weird body proportions. Remember Total Drama Island on Cartoon Network? One of the girl's shirt was ripped off. Although it was censored, it still was there.

Even Barbie has weird body proportions with shrinking clothes, and she's been around for over half a century.

Simply put: sex sells.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:46 am
I guess it never hit me how extreme it was.
Yeah it's back on the air I kind of like it too it's my guilty pleasure -__-
I've gotten more girly over the years is all.  

Short Melancholic

IMustBeAUnicorn

Desirable Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 am
It's weird, but, I have a Winx Club obsession XD I think putting them in skimpy clothing all the time is a sort of way to teach girls to be confident and believe in themselves; I think that's what the show is all about. It's like saying to just believe in who you are, embrace the things you love instead of hiding them, and believe in your abilities. cat_4laugh  

Tear Shadow

Fashionable Fairy

7,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250

Lashuri Chan

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 am
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sure blame the show for kids feeling the way they are. No it has nothing to do with people at school or their own family. It's the show that is at fault! emotion_facepalm

Though I do agree their outfits are too skimpy and the transformation scenes in my opinion are just so uncalled for. The way it happens with them half the time sticking out their asses and doing all these sexual like moves when their new clothes are appearing on them is just not called for! I am shocked that this show is aimed at little girls considering that it is about high school to college girls and of course the transformations.

I don't get why they all have to have boyfriends. I bet either in this new season or the next, Roxy is gonna meet someone too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:45 am
I've been biased about the new version of Winx Club since the beginning haha.
I used to watch it years ago when i was little -when it was good- so this new version has never stood up compared to the old one in my opinion.

my 9 year old sister LOVES it though

~Eva  

Evalinna

Sexy Exhibitionist

13,125 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Annikou

Blessed Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:54 pm
    ••• Happy Autumn

I could watch the first three sessions of Winx Club all day long, but I just do not like the art of the new session. I saw it this morning and it looked horrible. And their voices sounded so off.

User Image
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:44 pm
It's been years since I saw Winx Club, they remade it didn't they? I used to really like that show.

I can see where you're coming from, but you have to think that the young viewers of the show don't think/see things like we do at our age. To them it really is just a simple cartoon with pretty clothes, that is if they care about the outfits.  

CrimsonBells

Feral Bookworm

15,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Threadmaster 200

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:47 pm
You forget that kids don't look at that. It's the adults that make a big deal about it. A kid doesn't look at Barbie or Monster High dolls and think "I want that doll, it's so sexy!" What annoyed me as a kid about Barbie were her damn feet when you put sneakers on her. I wish I had Monster High Dolls growing up. I'd love all the different monsters. Do now.

Me, I enjoy it. Every now and than. It's far too generic for me to stand often. The boyfriend thing does also bug me. The guys never felt like they had a huge purpose in the show other than to be romantic interests, from what I've seen and remember of it.  
17. ✿ - - - Music, Series & Movies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games