Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Role Playing
-~ClockWorks: shatterd gears~ open and taking profiles!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

intrusted
  Yes
  No
View Results

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

~ClockWorks: shatterd gears ~

Based off of Cassandra Clares new book series taking place in victorian England.
You have been chained to me
For all eternity
User Image

I can't wait until I hold you in my arms again
Lock you in my heart, throw away the key and then
Feed the fire, burnin' and consumin' me
Blood is racin' through my veins, set me free

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:48 pm
Intro/story
In the slums of London where the low and poor live out their miserable lives, there came a steady ‘Tick, Tick ….Tock.’ so low that no one seemed to notice. Only the cats or dogs that lived in the squallier might turn their ears to listen. It came from a rundown ware house that had not seen business in sometime. The roof had caved in long ago and the window panes had long been cracked. Nothing, but the sound of the wind blew through the skeleton of the structure and the constant ‘Tick Tock …Tick ‘.
In the bouls of the building sat the boiler the Ticking echoed within it. A clock face was the only thing illuminated on the inside. The hands of the clock moving along as a heart beat might breathing some life in its surroundings. Light from the clock showed the profile of a skull yet not of bone, but of metal. A metal ribcage contained gears for the lock face. Ever spinning and turning weights dropping like that on a grandfather clock. Strings strung from metal bones to joints. A metal frame that looked like a human skeleton was stretched out in the Iron mausoleum of the old boiler.
Soon the Ticking off the clock was interrupted by the footsteps. “It’s in Er Oliver, I told you!” came the voice of a young echoing. “Found it yesterday before me mum gave be a good trounce for running off. “ Said the boy to his friend. Oliver a fair haired blond boy came running in his boyish face gazing in wonder at the giant boiler. He was about nine years old fallowing his older friend around. Both boys were dressed in over sized clothing ragged with time. Their families were not wealthy and the cloths were hand me downs.
Toby the eldest of about twelve years of age smirked at his friend. Now Oliver would have to outdo him the next time they decided to go on one of their adventures. Tobey was a shaggy haired red and green eye full of curiosity. He often pushed Oliver around “Told you Oli right here where, I said it was ...diden’t believe me did ya. “ He said enthusiastic.
“Toby …we ought to leave it alone …Me Mum says not to play here …it’s fixings for sorts of trouble.” Oliver said watching Toby climb into the boiler. “I’m warning you Toby, I’m going to get a bobby to pull you ought. “
“Oh Oli leave the police out of this “Toby said approaching the clock” pretty fancy “he said dusting off the clock face.
“What do you see? “ Oliver said peering in after his friend.
“Nothing “Toby replied reaching for the clock.
Oliver stood waiting for his friend to come out. Soon their came banging from inside the Iron shell of the boiler. He stepped back “Toby don’t be playing games …I’m not fond of the games you play “he said uneasy. After awhile it became to silent for young Oliver he drew closer to the door opening it slightly “ Toby? “ his voice echoed back in the shell. Something warm met his hand as he touched the inside of the door way. Oliver moved his hand back it was stained with something red. Something he had seen only when he got cuts himself. “Toby is you alright? “
There was a laugh of Oliver’s friend inside the shell. “Silly Oli….I’m just fine “. Then a metal hand gripped the door jam. “See ….We’re alright “A metal monster said climbing out dragging the body of Toby behind him.
Oliver gasped in horror in the sockets of the metal skeleton were Toby’s green eyes. In it’s through was his friend’s larynx giving the monster the voice of his friend. “Don’t be afraid Oli…I just want to be complete. “ Laughed the creature “don’t be afraid Oli ….He died quickly your …going to die slower” Said the metal jaw moving up and down.
Oliver trembled before making a run for it. He saw the opening to the warehouse and then something struck the back of his head. Then the world went black.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

review of book plot
Clockwork AngelLondon, April 1878. Shadowhunter William Herondale kills a Shax demon and searches for Jem his "hunting buddy" (parabatai). Jem is in an alley and has found the body of fourteen-year-old Emma Bayliss. They find a dagger imprinted with two snakes each biting the other's tail, an ouroboros.

Tessa Gray arrives in the port of Southampton from New York to live with her brother Nate after their Aunt Harriet died. However, she is approached by two strange women calling themselves the Dark Sisters that give her a letter apparently from her brother. In it, he tells Tessa that he can't meet her off the ship, but the Dark Sisters will take her to him, and warily, she enters the Dark Sister's carriage.

Six Weeks Later, Tessa has been held prisoner by the Dark Sisters. They have been training her to Change (a process by which she takes on the appearance of someone else, living or dead, by holding something which belongs to them). This time Tessa becomes Emma Bayliss and relives her last few moments alive. The sisters are impressed and tell Tessa that they have been preparing her for an arranged marriage to a mysterious individual known as "the Magister." The expect the marriage to take place that day or the next. The sisters leave and Tessa tries to run away but is caught by the Sister's coachman. Tessa is tied to her bed, she attempts to escape again by using the Change. Just as she escapes her bindings the door opens. It is Will, who followed the trail from Emma's body to an organization called the Pandemonium Club and the Sister's house. Will and his friends proceed to help Tessa escape and when the Dark Sisters catch up a battle begins in which Mrs. Black is killed, and Tessa is knocked unconscious.

Tessa awakens in the London Institute to find herself being examined by Brother Enoch, one of the Silent Brothers, who informs her that she is a shape-changer and a Downworlder. Tessa meets the inhabitants of the Institute. The next morning Jessamine takes Tessa shopping; Charlotte and Henry look for Tessa's brother; and Will and Jem inspect the Sister's house. Will and Jem find a clockwork automaton wrapped in human flesh. A vampire named de Quincey is identified as the Magister and is said to have Tessa's brother. Tessa and Will infiltrate one of de Quincey's parties. At his parties de Quincey slowly drains a human victim; this is against the Accord, which allows the Shadowhunters to attack de Quincey. Things go terribly wrong at the party when de Quincey's victim is revealed to be Tessa's brother Nate.

Tessa and the Shadowhunters kill the vampires at the party, save Nate and bring him to the institute, but de Quincy escapes. Will bites a vampire, while fighting, and accidentally swallows some of the vampires blood. To get the blood out of his system, so he won't turn into a vampire, he has to drink holy water. When Tessa brings him a bucket of holy water they kiss. Tessa also noticed he tasted like holy water and blood. Tessa and Jem go for a walk and are attacked by the Magister's clockwork army. They make it to the institute where the Shadowhunters barely fight the army off. Jem loses consciousness and reveals that he is addicted to demon blood and is slowly dying from it. Most of the Shadowhunters leave to kill de Quincy who is hiding out. Mortmain, the mundane who informed the Shadowhunters of de Quincey comes back to the institute and tells Will and Jem the location of the Dark sister who is trying to help the Magister with his army. They rush off to kill her leaving Nate, Jessamine and Tessa alone. Mortmain comes back with the clockwork army and reveals himself as the real Magister. Nate reveals himself as Mortmain's accomplice. The girls lock themselves in a room, but Mortmain tricks them to open the door. Tessa agrees to marry Mortmain if he will leave everyone alone and he agrees. Once the army has left the room Tessa stabs herself in the heart and Mortmain leaves.

Will rushes back when he realizes his mistake. At the Institute he runs into the army and Nate. Nate orders the army to kill Will. Jem makes it back and helps Will and then the rest of the Shadowhunters arrive. The army leaves. Will finds Tessa who is alive; she Changed quickly just before stabbing herself and the blood was from a gunshot victim she had Changed to before with the Sisters. Tessa is asked to stay at the Institute and she happily accepts. Tessa wants to have a serious relationship with Will, but he suggests a strictly sexual relation and tells Tessa that she cannot have children (she is assumed to be a warlock) so it is impossible. Jem comforts her though she will not tell him exactly what Will did to annoy her. Will seeks Magnus Bane's help, but it is not revealed for what reason.

[edit] Clockwork PrinceIn the magical underworld of Victorian London, Tessa Gray has at last found safety with the Shadowhunters. But that safety proves fleeting when rogue forces in the Clave plot to see her protector, Charlotte, replaced as head of the Institute. If Charlotte loses her position, Tessa will be out on the street—and easy prey for the mysterious Magister, who wants to use Tessa’s powers for his own dark ends.

With the help of the handsome, self-destructive Will and the fiercely devoted Jem, Tessa discovers that the Magister’s war on the Shadowhunters is deeply personal. He blames them for a long-ago tragedy that shattered his life. To unravel the secrets of the past, the trio journeys from mist-shrouded Yorkshire to a manor house that holds untold horrors, from the slums of London to an enchanted ballroom where Tessa discovers that the truth of her parentage is more sinister than she had imagined. When they encounter a clockwork demon bearing a warning for Will, they realize that the Magister himself knows their every move—and that one of their own has betrayed them.

Tessa finds her heart drawn more and more to Jem, but her longing for Will, despite his dark moods, continues to unsettle her. But something is changing in Will—the wall he has built around himself is crumbling. Could finding the Magister free Will from his secrets and give Tessa the answers about who she is and what she was born to do?

As their dangerous search for the Magister and the truth leads the friends into peril, Tessa learns that when love and lies are mixed, they can corrupt even the purest heart. However, this book is in fact a misconception of all of the shadowhunters that are still existence today.

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:30 pm
Original charaicters
William "Will" Herondale:
Theresa "Tessa" Gray:
James "Jem" Carstairs:
Jessamine "Jessie" Lovelace:
Henry Branwell:
Charlotte Branwell:
Magnus Bane:
Lady Camille Belcourt :

Feel free to ask about others ,I can add them if you should chose to play others then these.

New characters :

Name:
Allegence:
History:
Weapons/abilites: (( yet again with in reason))
Others:
apperance:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 pm
Rules

1. No god modding
2.Be kind to your fellow roleplayers
3.No one liners atleast a paragraph to two
4. No killing other people without consent
5. Romance and darama welcome even comady
6. PLEASE PM ME YOUR PROFILES
7. I'm alpha and omga in here so what ever ,I say Goes that means you don't fallow the rules you get kicked.
8. post these worlds " shatterd Gears " so I know you read the rules
9. must be semi-lit to lit ...which is you speak the english and write it you'll be fine so long as you know how to carry a plot

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME IF THERE IS A NEW RULE THAT NEEDS TO BE ADDED I'll inform yall yall  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100