Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Where do you read?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atrum_Anima

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:04 pm
For all of the readers here, where do you like to read?

I ask because I'm having difficulties finding a nice place to read that's both peaceful and comfortable. Really, the only place in my house that's fairly quiet is my room, and the only places to read are either in my chair (with no back) or my bed. Both make my back or neck sore.

I think the best place to read is in a comfy chair (with a back).

Also, I was curious; how peaceful/quiet does it have to be for you to focus on reading?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm
i read every were i go , in bed(laying down) at the table, on the couch, at work and on the can.  

BogiePop

Shameless Smoker

13,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:30 pm
The only things I read are textbooks for classes (which are online), manuals for doing [wait for it] manual labor (which are for a car), and visual instructions for Krav Maga maneuvers, submissions, strikes, and defenses (which are posted on a wall in the dojo).

I R uncultured.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:19 pm
I can read anywhere as long as I have music, if I get sore, I just switch positions (:3). My reading ability allows me to completely block out any sounds I'd rather not hear (Like my parents getting it on two rooms over, at two in the morning...... gonk ), so sound isn't a problem....  

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150

Demmonic

Devoted Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:42 pm
I can read pretty much anywhere anytime... The level of noise doesnt bother me much either, I usally can multitask enough so i keep in the conversation and read.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:27 pm
For me, pretty much copy and paste what Jonstalker said. I can just get lost in a good book.  

Bigbadbo3

ee-moo

Distinct Dabbler

6,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:57 pm
I love reading outside x3 But since it's freezing out I've come to like either my bed or the couch c:  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm
my bed or a couch  

Ecchi Bodypillow

EatzMoarJelloz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:10 am
I like to read outside, in my rocking chair, while it's raining and there's thunder. whee

Also, classical music is fine to listen to. If the song has words that I know, I start singing instead of reading. D:  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:26 pm
In my room, in the guest room, in closets, libraries and sometimes in the corner of random spots in my house. smile  

nerdtasticallyfun

kuro-darkling

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:53 pm
I can read anywhere as long as I have my ipod. I listen to music while I read because having that focused noise gives me something to consciously block out while I read, so it helps me stay focused on the book. Frankly, I really like reading in the car. Those seats are normally pretty comfortable.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:58 pm
I love laying on the floor using my dog as a pillow xd I also like reading on my front porch early in the morning  

Elly_the_lost_penguin

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:21 pm
I can pretty much read anywhere- except while riding in a car or on the bus.  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games