Submit

Do you know how?
  No
  Yes
  Don't want to hook up to WiFi, that's just weird
View Results

Deaux

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:30 pm
I got a Acer Iconia 7in Tablet 8GB for some one and they want me to put some games on it. I don't want to connect to WiFi with the thing. (I know it sounds weird but it is just a thing I have in this situation.) Can I hook it up to my computer with the USB cable and put games on it? How would I do that?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:41 pm
Oh, I'm talking about installing games like Angry Birds.  

Deaux

The Rotary Rocket

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:38 am
Deaux

I am going to assume that this tablet runs on Android.

You will not be able to download apks from Android Market, through your PC.
You can select them, and then if the Google account is linked to that devices monitor, it will install them (of course, again this requires internet or wi-fi)

Only way that this will work is: (I think)
- You go direct to the developer and hope they have a direct link to download the apk in question. (Skyfire Browser has this last time I checked..which was a while ago)
- Google is your friend, and I am sure that if you enter in text within Google on the lines of "download apk/download market apps/download (enter specific app you want) to PC" you might be able to get some hits.

Granted, when you get said hits, I can not attest to their validity or security.
There is a reason why Android Market is the way it is. Not everything is safe on the Market, but it is more safe than what you could be doing outside of the Market.

You will also need ASTRO File Management for apk installation, or you do it this way.

2 ways to install apks on Android
After you get the apks you want, the easiest way would be to take out the microSD, if you have a card reader, take out the microSD card out of the phone, put mSD in the reader, drag and drop the apks. pop the card back in, and then either ASTRO it in or the other method.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:54 pm
The Rotary Rocket
Deaux

I am going to assume that this tablet runs on Android.

You will not be able to download apks from Android Market, through your PC.
You can select them, and then if the Google account is linked to that devices monitor, it will install them (of course, again this requires internet or wi-fi)

Only way that this will work is: (I think)
- You go direct to the developer and hope they have a direct link to download the apk in question. (Skyfire Browser has this last time I checked..which was a while ago)
- Google is your friend, and I am sure that if you enter in text within Google on the lines of "download apk/download market apps/download (enter specific app you want) to PC" you might be able to get some hits.

Granted, when you get said hits, I can not attest to their validity or security.
There is a reason why Android Market is the way it is. Not everything is safe on the Market, but it is more safe than what you could be doing outside of the Market.

You will also need ASTRO File Management for apk installation, or you do it this way.

2 ways to install apks on Android
After you get the apks you want, the easiest way would be to take out the microSD, if you have a card reader, take out the microSD card out of the phone, put mSD in the reader, drag and drop the apks. pop the card back in, and then either ASTRO it in or the other method.

Thanks. Looks like I really should use the WiFi.  

Deaux

Entech

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff