drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:26 pm
And I have no idea what to expect.
I'm pretty much just going on a whim, to a place I've never even seen before. I'm scared and excited at the same time. Haha.

I don't even know what to bring with me! This is so tough. @_@
What did you bring with you when you left for college? How did you make the adjustment once you got there?

Honestly, I don't plan on bringing clothes and stuff like that coz the climate is soooo different compared to where I'm from. But yeah. Haha! That's all I've been thinking about lately!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 am
Lot of clothes, school supplies, room stuff (like blankets, pillows, etc.), hair stuff, make up, snacks, mini fridge, microwave, laptop, printer, etc.

Get involved right away. Sports, clubs, whatever.
Easy way to make friends.  

eccentricanomaly

Stormgem

Tipsy Streaker

10,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 pm
>.< You're still going to need clothes. Lol.

But take something that will make your new room homey. I was a first year student last year, and I took my bed linen, and the posters from my wall because they were something familiar. I also took my own washing basket (some places provide them) and my own radio, computer and printer.

If you can avoid buying your stationary and text books for a wee bit do so - some times they have deals, some times they charge more for them, depending on where you are. If you can, buy your books 2nd hand - just make sure they're the right eddition - this is vital if you're doing a language, a health science or a phsc paper.

If you're staying in a dorm, make sure to get involved in the orientation events so that you can sus the people out in your new home. Figure out which ones are asses, and which ones are actually worth knowing.....join clubs or pick a sport, but don't over commit yourself. Last thing you want to be doing is being stressed.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:22 pm
Stormgem
>.< You're still going to need clothes. Lol.

But take something that will make your new room homey. I was a first year student last year, and I took my bed linen, and the posters from my wall because they were something familiar. I also took my own washing basket (some places provide them) and my own radio, computer and printer.

If you can avoid buying your stationary and text books for a wee bit do so - some times they have deals, some times they charge more for them, depending on where you are. If you can, buy your books 2nd hand - just make sure they're the right eddition - this is vital if you're doing a language, a health science or a phsc paper.

If you're staying in a dorm, make sure to get involved in the orientation events so that you can sus the people out in your new home. Figure out which ones are asses, and which ones are actually worth knowing.....join clubs or pick a sport, but don't over commit yourself. Last thing you want to be doing is being stressed.

LOL well, I mean I need clothes, but the clothes I have here won't really do me much good there. The coldest it gets here is like 60F, and the coldest it gets there is like below 0F. Haha. I only own like 2 hoodies and 1 pair of jeans. So pretty much all my clothes buying will be up there or I'll be paying way too much to bring all of my clothes with me that I might not even wear.

And I haven't really decided if I'm staying in the dorms yet. I think I probably should, but I'm not exactly sure.

And change of plans. Another school accepted me, so I think I'm going there instead. xD It's slightly further away, but I'm more familiar with the location and the school itself.  

drink more ovaltine

Party Seeker

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items