Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Lonley, but just need advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel -Twink-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:56 pm
I've been lonely lately, but it seems, I can't find anyone gay, or if they are, they aren't open enough to where we can date. Honestly, it's been hard being open. Not that anyone makes fun of me--- Just all my friends are in relationships... which just makes me lonelier. Anyone have any similar cases and maybe can shed some advice?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:45 am
Angel -Twink-
I've been lonely lately, but it seems, I can't find anyone gay, or if they are, they aren't open enough to where we can date. Honestly, it's been hard being open. Not that anyone makes fun of me--- Just all my friends are in relationships... which just makes me lonelier. Anyone have any similar cases and maybe can shed some advice?

i know how it fells  

Falling from grace9800

Omiewashere

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:28 am
Angel -Twink-

The worse thing you could do is be in a relationship because you're too afraid of being alone. =/

When I get lonely I focus things i could be doing for myself, like playing guitar or working my butt off at the gym. Try listening to some good tunes man, find something that slaps. Surround yourself with things that make you feel good. People take notice to others who are optimistic .

rememeber, your'e only lonely if you're not there for you.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:41 am
Omiewashere
Angel -Twink-

The worse thing you could do is be in a relationship because you're too afraid of being alone. =/

When I get lonely I focus things i could be doing for myself, like playing guitar or working my butt off at the gym. Try listening to some good tunes man, find something that slaps. Surround yourself with things that make you feel good. People take notice to others who are optimistic .

Good advice.

Maybe in your area they have a gblt youth center? Here in Vancouver they do, everyone is
welcoming to all who step through the door. They have great events and you meet some awesome
people. I've never been, but my friend talks about it a lot. She's made great friendships, i've met some.  

DeathxGrip

Dedicated Browser

Angel -Twink-

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:01 pm
DeathxGrip
Omiewashere
Angel -Twink-

Good advice.

Maybe in your area they have a gblt youth center? Here in Vancouver they do, everyone is
welcoming to all who step through the door. They have great events and you meet some awesome
people. I've never been, but my friend talks about it a lot. She's made great friendships, i've met some.

At my school we have GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) And we have plenty of members... just the guys who are in it, well most of them aren't actually gay, or if they are, they are only open to a few, and refuse to be in open all the way. They help me out a lot, but recently they seem to understand me less.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:40 pm
Angel -Twink-
DeathxGrip
Omiewashere
Angel -Twink-

Good advice.

At my school we have GSA (Gay Straight Alliance) And we have plenty of members... just the guys who are in it, well most of them aren't actually gay, or if they are, they are only open to a few, and refuse to be in open all the way. They help me out a lot, but recently they seem to understand me less.

Beauty of the internet. You can find someone who truly understands you, and while you may not be able to meet them face to face you can write, call, and even video chat. In today's world with so many networking opportunities you only have to feel alone if you want to be. There's tons of people in this guild who can understand where you're coming from, there's gay teen support sites, and hotlines. Friends are everywhere you just have to look for them ^_^  

Panyrinth

Business Regular

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200

Bangheart

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:01 am
Angel -Twink-

I know how you feel. A lot of my friends are always talking about their newest crush or their boyfriends and I get a little upset that they get the opportunity to explore relationships when I don't because I don't know anyone who is anything other than straight. It get's frustrating because I don't have a friend to talk to along with the profitability of me getting in a relationship being really slim. That's why I talk to people online smile But talking to people online can't really replace a relationship. Just counting down my days till college so I can get out of my old fashioned high school smile Hope things work out for you!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:21 am
I have had similiar things happen. I usually focus on my martial arts to ignore some of the loneyness.  

earthowl

Shirtless Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Laziest Czar

6,100 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:51 pm