Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mortal Instruments Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for discussions, RPing, and generally enjoying books. Mostly Cassandra Clare's, but other's as well. 

Tags: Mortal, Instruments, Infernal, Devices, Clare 

Reply Mortal Instruments Guild
A good natured rant for the exsasperated reader Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:39 pm
The artwork in those pics are amazing. I remember Angel Sanctuary being mentioned a couple times but I've never read it. I love that song lol I was listening to it like and hour before I got on and read your post xd Everyone in MI is amazing (even the villains) except, it seems, Clary. I was skimming through the books because I've missed them and after the first book I really just want to smack Clary or yell at her or both. I never realized just how annoying she is stressed Anyways, back to Clare's writing style, I think she needs to focus more on the overall plot and less on the individual dramas (in MI, not in ID). Yes, I realize drama is needed for character development, but all the characters are pretty much fully developed. Except Simon, but he's having that whole vampire/daylighter/mark of cain thing going on so his drama is understandable. Everyone else needs to CALM DOWN!! Jeaz...

In a nutshell, I really hope the fifth book is better than the fourth.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:50 pm
I think it may have been because this was cassandra clares first like langthy series. She did well ,but like you said some of the drama could be cut out.

I'm a few pages into the fourth book ALEC AND MAGNUS ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER >.<.

I think if you cut clary out of the books and traded her with a house plant the story woulden't change much atleast in the drama areas.

....I want to read infernal devices again I might start tonight the epicness that is that book.

Its strange how people are still ragging on jace. He was not technically valintines son. SO LEAVE THE POOR BOY ALONE!  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:30 pm
Its snowing ...Its snowing outside and its way to cold o.o to the book!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:54 pm
Okay so almost done with the fourth book...AND IT IS SO INFURIATING!!

Will ignorance ever cease to amaze? I think not

Any respect, I had for jace is lost in this book. One if he is unable to sleep and continues to avoid people in order to not hurt them along with starvation this is a red flag THAT PERHAPS THERE IS SOMTHING WRONG WITH HIM! , but the obvious explanation is to bring his trouble to clary ...who obviously was the child who tried to fit a square in the circle hole as a toddler.

COME ON! Really Clare knows everything! Yet nothing at all! =_= oh let’s take jace to the silent brothers...without telling anyone else. A little shady if you ask me after all ADULTS IN THIS BOOK ACCORDING TO THE TEENAGERS ARE UNABLE TO HELP in any WAY! So ...*sigh*

brings me to my next rant If someone says you need to dissect a part of yourself in a dream and they look creepy to begin with and are spouting nonsense out their gums don't listen! Oh for the love of the angel jace pull your head out of your a**! Now he really is going to hurt Clare ******** a duck ******** a duck!

Which makes me wonder HOW DID HE ESCAPE BONE CITY IN THE FIRST PLACE!? What are the silent brothers sitting around playing cards you know having a few drinks. They can read minds right they can tell something’s wrong with jace. Or are the remaining silent brothers the one's the let ride on the short bus! Well valentine slaughtered the others.

....unless all the silent brothers are dead because jace killed them. AND EVERYTHING COMES FULL CIRCAL! >.<
O,o I would have just locked the damn cell for precautionary measures. Yes is it heartless maybe …*shrug*
*sigh* where to begin with Clary..>Clary such an aggravating character. Running after jace like a crack addict after a drug. I don’t care if it’s in her blood, but still …she makes Justin bebier fan girls look intelligent. She has an ability she only uses in life threaten situations or just for dumb reasons. Wish she would listen to Luke ….by the way WHY ARE NO PARENTS KEEPING TRACK OF THEIR CHILDREN! Everyone is so caught up in the wedding that they don’t notice their kids running around getting into chaos. It’s like sticking targets to the back of their kids screaming “Hey! Hey! Over here, I have a child you can kill right here! looky looky! What ,I got ! “

Clary is blind so blind she might need a Seeing Eye dog to make it through the last book. Because she fails to see something wrong with jace AND LETS HIM DRAW A BAD RUIN ON HER THIS COMING FROM THE GIRL WHO HAS THE RUNE ABILITY…….=_=…..If its true what they say that love is blind then clary is not going to survive the rest of the series.
Oh clary why are you the way you are ,I so hate who you chose to be…
Does any character have self preservation! It died with valentine he might have been a jerk, but let’s face it he was the only one cheating death and killing people selfishly to live. Well his kids …just are self destructive and might as well kill themselves now ….Lawl there working on it! *twitch*...yes die clary die….so I don’t have to read about you anymore.
Magnus oh, how, I adore the. Even when Alec is whining through the last few chapters Magnus makes everything better. Despite a lovers spat with Alec Magnus keeps it together very little drama if you ask me. What is Alec complaining about really…Magnus can sleep with a million people and it would not change how awesome he is? I support the Alec and Magnus pairing but ….has anyone ever really paired Magnus and Will together? …..*sigh* only in my mind. Alec needs to stop whining if Magnus is Bisexual then o.o is he single now ? In this millennia? lol jk …but really that would be pretty awesome.
Simon has done a lot of growing up and maturing in this book. I love his character he seems to be the only one properly maturing as a character. Much more independent as a character. I don’t have any complaints about him. He is by far my favorite character in the fourth book. He is emotional without being to over dramatic and his growth is gradual not sudden. He still has humanity in him that is appealing to the reader. Even if he’s a vampire….DAMN YOU TWILIGHT RUIN EVERYTHING! * stabs series* but yeah, I am glad Cassandra Clare stuck with your typical vampire the classic. So what if Simon is a little out of the ordinary with being a day lighter doesn’t bother me. He’s much more charming. You can tell he cares about his mother and his friends. Even the girls he causes trouble for.
APPLAUSE for the use of Lilith in this series, I am proud of this author for the references she makes to classical books and quotes from them. There is no greater pleasure in reading then an author who knows their literature.
But ….Cassandra Clare’s character development is lacking in this series

I find infernal devices a much better written book  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:12 pm
OMG I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU SAID 1213543456590846327947%!!!! lol Thank you for putting this down. Now, instead of trying to explain how I feel about the fourth book, I'll just have her read this xd Seriously though, this made me laugh so hard, awesome post.

Also, I think a lot of people put Will and Magnus together. I even thought it was gonna happen before I read CP. I have to say I love Magnus and Alec more than I like Magnus and Will. Doesn't mean I haven't seen it as a possibility though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:13 pm
Finished the last few chapters I believe the fourth book is my least favorite.
So when Jace tells Clary to do anything she does the opposite. Like him telling her to RUN IN THE FRICKEN ELEVATOR YOU IDIOT! …well those were not his exact word, but close enough. Instead she hides in a bush…*sigh* Yes the bushes will protect her from all sorts of demonic chaos. So that’s why they have them around churches because demons are allergic to foliage OH COME ON CLARY THERE IS NO GOOD REASON TO HID IN THAT DAMN BUSH!! Other then she has lack of oxygen getting to her brain.
*snicker* then Lilith does what, I’ve wanted to do to clary for the last to books. Give her the beating she deserves. O.O because no one is that stupid
Had anyone noticed that Sebastian was sitting in a coffin …the whole time …with it open…on top of a sky scraper? That if Simon being one of the more intelligent characters could have picked Sebastian up out of the coffin. Lilith would not have been able to touch him and He could have thrown Sebastian’s body off the sky scraper. A dead body falling off a sky scraper will not survive very well…goes SPLAT!
When did Jace become the damsel in distress? Because …clary has got that covered she fails at doing anything useful.
Sebastian and Jace in the same body I think that’s where they’re going with the next book. Not sure
But I like Sebastian he’s crazy makes me happy >.<  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:18 pm
Ooooh here, I'll rant on my POV of The Clockwork Prince, even though I just started. I'm on page, page... page 54... 55? xD
Here we go:
OMG WTF IS UP WITH THIS?
It's ALL JEM. JEM JEM JEM. I loved him in the first book, but I know that he's up to something, and I DON'T LIKE HOW HE'S ALL UP WITH TESSA.
WTH IS GOING ON?
STOP BEING SUCH A FREAKIN' JERK/b*****d TO SOPHIE!
ARE YOU BLIND?
Not just to Sophie, but to TESSA.
OBVIOUSLY YOU'RE FRIEND-ZONED.
I don't CARE if that term didn't exist in your century!
GIVE IT UP WITH YOUR ENCHANTED GAZES.
It's just hurting Sophie and creeping Tessa out.
GET YOUR BEST FRIEND WILL AND HOOK HIM UP WITH TESSA.
Like, please?
I'm SERIOUS.
I will SMACK YOU. >O<
OH GOSH WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???

*panting* Ahhh. I'm not even done. xD
I just dun wanna stretch the page.
But think I'm already failing.
Maybe I'm succeeding?
Hope so.
-Rant end-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 pm
My forcast for the next book is Jem Dies ....which is sad but nessisary and Will and Tess hook up  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:46 pm
xtigsx
My forcast for the next book is Jem Dies ....which is sad but nessisary and Will and Tess hook up

That's what it seems like she's planning to do to me too but in TMI and the new-not-yet-completely-written series Dark Artificies there's a character named Emma(or something like that) Carstairs. HOW THE F@#%?!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:02 am
They did it ? perhaps no one said he was to sick to get his game on  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

netherfreak
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:22 pm
xtigsx

xd right? I wanna know how this happens! Do he and Tessa have a kid? Does he have a long lost sister? MUST KNOW NOW!! Can't wait until Sept '13...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:44 pm
netherfreak
xtigsx

xd right? I wanna know how this happens! Do he and Tessa have a kid? Does he have a long lost sister? MUST KNOW NOW!! Can't wait until Sept '13...

I know right ,I'm sure once Jem has had some wounder drug. He'll go all night long to producing off spring. =,o but does that mean their off spring will be addicted to the drug or is that only if tess has joined the crack wagon ? I think it has to be the mother to first do that * shrug *. Maybe he has a long lost sister it could be a cousin who know's. Jem has already had his whole family taken away and his life expectency crying he needs a huge really bad I'm sure . Who's to say there isen't some estranged relative out there?

....I could rant about an hour on Tess's brother ....@(#*&$(#*&$(@*#&$(*@#&$(*@#&($*&@#(*$&  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

Azn_Expo_Marker

Genius

8,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Generous 100
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:05 pm
I felt kinda bad when Nate died even though he was an evil b*****d. xD BUT OMG. Everyone thinks Jem is gonna diee. T-T That wasn't what I thought but once someone suggested it I was like... "OH GOSH, MY JEM?" (Well he's of course not mine, but I can dream. :3) I suppose it is necessary to kill him off though, because the must-be couple is of course Tessa and Will. OMG. I felt so bad for Will when he was confessing to Tessa in the drawing room. When she said, "It's too late..." I STARTED CRYING. FROM LIKE. SORROW. xDDD No tears though, just weird dry sobs. O.O BUT STILL. I love Jem. I wish he could live, but to make things right... he kinda has to die. T-T
AND OMG. I LOVE THE GIDEON AND SOPHIE-ness. It's SO adorable. I hope there's more to them in Clockwork Princess. C: "I speak Spanish when I"m in a good moood." And I was happy because I actually understood what he said when he was talking about his father's stupid idea. NEEEEEE. Cassandra Clare actually chose to include a language I understandddd!!! >w< *hyperventalation* (Can't spell that. xD) BUT OMGOMGOMG.
Can't.
Wait.
For.
Next.
Book.
X.X

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:04 pm
*Laughs*

O_O they gave Clary a slap on the wrist …that’s it she’s suffered enough. =_= why do, I think this girl could burn down half of New York and still be found not guilty! In the name of love for jace and Destroying Sebastian. @_@ I’ve stopped reading this book for clary she was good in the first two books ,but now she’s just to …clingy on Jace.
When she talks about the council giving up on tracking jace for two weeks it bothers me. ….What government body stops everything their doing in order for one person! >.< that’s like the US government stopping their proceedings to find where is Waldo! I think the civil rights of the down worlders is far more important than one man.
Don’t get me wrong the reader should be sympathetic to Clary, but ……after the ending of the book four; I think she deserves a little suffering. In fact why couldn’t Sebastian take over clary so, I can forget why, I dislike her for half a book. Has Jace not played the damsel in distress enough? Why can’t clary take a back seat?
Sort of cheering for Sebastian on this one. He’s so evil a far better villain then valentine was. *sqwee* >.< how delightfully evil! Makes me my fan girl heart break in two.
It makes me even more infuriated with Clare that she acts so selfish as to think Isabelle and Alec don’t care. …They have known Jace longer despite clary’s undying love for Jace. She should at least consider other people are suffering to …not just her.

Okay okay, I apologize for ragging on Clary. I really did like her in the first two books. Truly it’s just, I feel she’s lost some of what made her such a great character. Now she’s just some love sick girl that has to move heaven and earth to be with one guy. I feel if she had to trade the world for jace she would. Despite the repercussions for her actions. This is why Jace gets mad at her to in the books .She just does not think things through.

…yay Alec in chapter one …he needs to kiss magnus In public displays of affection more often. He inspires the masses Lol

WHY DOES THIS AUTHORS BOOK RELEASES TAKE FOREVER!!  

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100

PoshPix

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:44 pm
Azn_Expo_Marker
I felt kinda bad when Nate died even though he was an evil b*****d. xD BUT OMG. Everyone thinks Jem is gonna diee. T-T That wasn't what I thought but once someone suggested it I was like... "OH GOSH, MY JEM?" (Well he's of course not mine, but I can dream. :3) I suppose it is necessary to kill him off though, because the must-be couple is of course Tessa and Will. OMG. I felt so bad for Will when he was confessing to Tessa in the drawing room. When she said, "It's too late..." I STARTED CRYING. FROM LIKE. SORROW. xDDD No tears though, just weird dry sobs. O.O BUT STILL. I love Jem. I wish he could live, but to make things right... he kinda has to die. T-T
AND OMG. I LOVE THE GIDEON AND SOPHIE-ness. It's SO adorable. I hope there's more to them in Clockwork Princess. C: "I speak Spanish when I"m in a good moood." And I was happy because I actually understood what he said when he was talking about his father's stupid idea. NEEEEEE. Cassandra Clare actually chose to include a language I understandddd!!! >w< *hyperventalation* (Can't spell that. xD) BUT OMGOMGOMG.
Can't.
Wait.
For.
Next.
Book.
X.X

Will's fault it was Will's fault the whole thing ...I'm mad that there wasen't a curse on him. That he's been stumbeling threw life getting people to hate him. Do to ignorance. 3nodding but ,I WUV him none the less.

I think Jem deserves happyness .If your going to have a short life why not get married. Try to stuff a life time in to what ever times is left. What Tessa is doing is good ,but ,I hope she's not marrying Jem out of pitty

or I'll come to detest her more then clary ^.^ but tessa is my favroite female chari. in the whole series.

o_o ....jasmine can rot in hell  
Mortal Instruments Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces