Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 26. ✿ - - - Boys
I'm in love with my best friend? Please Help!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iiSarin

Distinct Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:09 pm
Ok, girls. I REALLY need help on this one.

April 28th, 2010, I met a boy. I'll call him James. I met James on here, Gaia, and at first the friendship was just one of those... mediocre ones. At some point we clicked and started becoming better friends. I learned of his drinking and his drug abuse issues, except I knew he wasn't a bad person. I helped him quit drugs, and not drink as much. I helped him through suicidal thoughts. I gave him advice through parent, friend, and girlfriend issues. In return, he helped me through my issues. We really don't keep much from eachother, and he's one of the most amazing guys you'd ever meet. Kind, honest, helpful, truly caring, and quite cute ;]. A few months ago I had some issues in my life, and I became depressed. I even began having suicidal thoughts (Please, no judging! I'm better now.) James noticed this, and did all he could to help. He called me when I seemed most down, texted me a lot when he wasn't able to call me-- he made me laugh all the time.
Nearing the end of my depression, though, we had a fight. Now, we'd had fights before and gotten mad at eachother, even about the most ridiculous things. One fight that is most memorable to me is one where we fought about who's phone was cooler. xD Anyways, we had this huge fight, and I'd prefer not saying why. We didn't talk to eachother for 3 weeks and 4 days. During that time, I felt like a piece of me was missing. I felt hopeless, empty, and alone. Eventually he texted me one thing, "I'm sorry." We began talking again.

Anywho, it was during that time that I knew I was in love with him. There'd been a time about a year ago when he'd said he loved me, but we decided to stop saying that to eachother in fear of our friendship. But I know I love James, and I can't NOT think about him. Thing is... He lives on the East Coast, and I on the West Coast...Aaaand he's a 2 years and 3 months older than me.

What I want to know is... What do I do? I don't know if I should tell him these feelings or not. I don't know if it's wrong to love him... or not. I just need to talk to someone about it, and I just need some advice. Please?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:39 pm
You definitely need to tell him how you feel.

Don't live life wondering what would've happened if you'd told him.

Long distance relationships can be tough. But if you really love him and think entering a relationship like this with him is the best for you then you'll make it work.

It sounds like you guys stay in contact quite a bit. Just schedule a visit a couple times a year.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

iiSarin

Distinct Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:47 pm
jesusgirl115

Long distance relationships can be tough. But if you really love him and think entering a relationship like this with him is the best for you then you'll make it work.

It sounds like you guys stay in contact quite a bit. Just schedule a visit a couple times a year.

Thing is, I'm afraid to tell him. I'm afraid of his answer, and how he feels. :/  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:26 pm
Tell him. If you don't it will constantly bother you and you will regret it.

I am/was in a very, very similar situation, just a few details are a bit different. I told him. I was scared to death of how he would react, but I did it anyway. Now, I'm glad that I did. I feel much better about it and found out that we had that little detail in common as well.

I'm sure things will be fine, just go about it in a way that he knows that you don't want to lose him as a friend and why you are afraid to tell him how you feel. It will be worth it in the end, if not for the relationship aspect, at least for your own emotional well being. Good luck dear. <3  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Pseudoyoyomi

Sparkly Demigod

14,775 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Love Machine 150
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:13 pm
Everyone is right you have to tell him. If you don't tell him then you will live your live with this question "I wonder what if." What if is a phrase that has plagued me for a very long time. I wonder what if I had never gotten sick.I wonder what if I had gone outside that last day I saw Josh. I wonder what if I had met my boyfriend sooner. I wonder what if I had not gone to an all girls school. Please don't be like me. With what if on the tip of your thoughts.

What is the worse that could happen he tells you he does not think of you in that way? You have nothing to lose. If he cares for you even as a friend he will listen to you and not do anything to make you feel bad. Don't be afraid of rejection because if you are afraid of that then how can you find true love? Never be afraid to try.

Long distance relationships can actually work.I have heard stories of people who have done online dating and they have gotten married and lived happy lives together. emotion_yatta

Bottom line here is tell him!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:29 am
iiSarin
jesusgirl115

Thing is, I'm afraid to tell him. I'm afraid of his answer, and how he feels. :/

Would you rather live your life not knowing?

As hard and awkward as it's going to be you just have to pull up your big girl panties and tell him.

If he is really your friend, and he doesn't have the same feelings you do then you guys can pretend like you never said anything. It may be awkward for the next couple conversations but you'll get over it, meet another guy and things will return to normal.

Besides your asking a yes or no question. You have a 50% chance of a yes.

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

iiSarin

Distinct Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:33 am
Thank you, guys. :}

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:17 pm
It sounds like you guys are really close and even if he didn't feel the same way he would be understanding, like you were for him. What I am saying is the worst case scenario is that things stay mostly the same, so why not tell him?  

Kaiyle Brightblade

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff