Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Moving on (I need to vent).

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gefallener

5,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:11 pm
It seems to be something my ex-girlfriend can't do. We dated for about four months and she broke it off (through a terrible text) in September, I believe. I was pissed for awhile, I mean, I gave her my heart and she stomped on it. Then I tried to be nice, but I found some things out about her and some things she was doing. I tried to ignore it, but then she started lying to me about everything. It was to the point where I gave up on her. I admit, I said some mean things and I definitely wasn't perfect in the relationship but what she goes on later to do is just utterly ridiculous.
The past two months had been quiet between us, we didn't talk except when we were both tagged in something on Facebook. Then less than a month ago, I got in a new relationship. Well I guess I did something wrong because next thing I know, she's blocked me on Facebook. Then, New Years Eve, she started texting a mutual friend that I just reconnected with, trying to start something. She was complaining of something my friend said on gaia months ago, though she thought it was me. She was saying she just wanted someone to stand up for her against me. I hadn't done anything. The next day, a friend told me that she is convinced I am out to get her and ruin her life/make it miserable. Seriously, what is this? Can someone help me out here? I don't understand why she is doing this other than maybe using me to get the attention she so desperately wants. I moved on and she's dragging me back. She doesn't seem to see that I don't love nor hate her, I just don't care for her and I don't want her in my life.
Alright, I'm done with my rant. If anyone has any advice, lemme know. Danke.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:59 pm
Block her from contacting you on any website and through any medium. Block her number, if you have it, delete her from your friends lists, the works. That's the simplest solution there is.

The more complex solution is to confront her about it and talk some sense into her. How you do that, though, would be up to you.  

Le Scratch
Vice Captain

Icy Humorist

31,825 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 am
Pretty much what Scratch says covers it

If anything she does seem to be seeking attention and drama.
You can also explain to the people she's trying to influence what's going on, or just ignore the fact completely. If you start to make something out of it, it just fuels her in continuing what she's doing  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 pm
The exact same thing happened to me. I dated my ex-girlfriend for four months, and we broke up in October, though it was pretty much over in late September, of 2011. Now she keeps nagging me that she wants us to be best friends again, and she wants me to be BFFs with her boyfriend. Yeah, right.

I cut off communication with her. You should do the same with your ex. My ex and I were best friends for 5 years, so it really hurt me when I realized that as much as we wanted to be friends again, it could never happen. She felt no pain in breaking up because she dumped me for her boyfriend, but it hurt me a lot, so I could never hang out with the two of them. At least, not for a long time.

LifeInEdenChanged

Next_Gen_AnT

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:23 pm
I think I know what's going on here, I know people who are like that. It seems like she may be one of those "always wanna be in control" type of people. Even though you guys aren't together, she still wants to be in control and be an influence in your life. Knowing that you moved on can just be making her even more furious since she realizes that she's losing that control. As you know, desperate people will do desperate things, like start drama with you. It does not matter if it's negative attention that she's receiving from you, what matters to her is that she's receiving attention from you, period. It sounds to me like she's one of those people who would easily break up with someone, but at the same time couldn't stand seeing that person be with someone else. I'm gonna say that I think she's jealous and pissed that you moved on. That's just my take on it, I could be wrong.  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games