View Results

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:22 pm
I rarely play it, I'm not big into fighting s**t, but my husband ******** loves it.

I know Lubas plays it, curious if anyone else here does?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:30 am
Yes...and I am heavily invested in it. Been in since Beta.
Lifetime Subscriber, Lots of C-Store mods, haven't played it lately though since Steam went balls obscene with the holiday sale.
Currently, near Rear Admiral Upper Half with an Excelsior Mark II Refit, Engineering Captain.

I switch between the Excelsior and the Defiant often.

Lubas went beyond balls to the walls nuts on it. It went from him asking me specific questions for a few days, to him being Rear Admiral in like a week to week and a half.  

The Rotary Rocket

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:08 pm
Wow, lol. That's pretty impressive.

What kind of character do you have? Mine is a bajoran science officer, husband is a vulcan tactical officer.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:35 am
Lass Kyon
Wow, lol. That's pretty impressive.

What kind of character do you have? Mine is a bajoran science officer, husband is a vulcan tactical officer.

Flagship Character - Engineering Human (for the Leadership bonus trait - warp theorist) Rear Adm LH 8

Second Character - Joined Trill Science Lt. 4

Third Character - Liberated Borg Tactical Lt Cmdr 5

In hindsight, I wish I had done Liberated Borg Engineering, because the "Efficient" trait I think has a more overall advantage over Leadership.

Right now, I am kind of stuck in Season 4 because 2 missions require group participation. Although, I probably could skip it altogether for Season 5, but I am sure they it has group oriented missions.
Trying to do group even with all the buffs I have towards hull and shield efficiency..I get wiped hard.  

The Rotary Rocket

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:27 pm
Hm, I wish I could get into this game more. ;-;  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:58 pm
Lass Kyon
Hm, I wish I could get into this game more. ;-;

See, I think if you had played Starfleet Battles, or any of the Starfleet Command PC game series, you would probably enjoy the starship portion of STO. STO's space portion is largely Starfleet Command without the huge micromanagement.

I think the one thing that is still flawed are away missions. Granted the new RPG and Shooter modes make aiming much better, it still feels rather rough. I find myself going back and forth between modes frequently.

Lifetime Sub is basically for the hardcore Trekkie and RPG nerd. If you are only one of the two, it's not worth it. I justified it due to me being a hardcore Trekkie, excited about an RPG in the ST universe, and felt that in 1 1/2 years, it would pay for itself no matter how much I play.

The extras are okay...Captains Table is..meh
Liberated Borg is kinda nice
Free Borg Bridge Officer is nice because of the buffs, and helps a lot since they are Engineers.
Career Officer title is..meh
CO title at the forums is..well...eh, meh.

If you want to find me, RotaryRocket624.  

The Rotary Rocket

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:02 pm
Well, I love RPGs and Star Trek, I just don't like the battling. I like turn-based battle systems. ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:08 pm
Although, then again, I am a big ST universe starship nerd.

I go into long debates about SW Imperial Battlecruisers vs ST Universe starships.

Honestly, SW capital ships one on one will decimate any federation flagship one on one, at the very least, give one a very bloody nose.

Example  

The Rotary Rocket

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:31 pm
Lol, that's cool.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:38 pm
I really enjoyed reading the FB analysis there >> Can't believe I could understand a bit of what was being said. xd

I was a big Star Wars fan for a long time and then my husband introduced me to Star Trek, which I have been kinda obsessed with since. razz  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100

The Rotary Rocket

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:53 pm
Lass Kyon
I really enjoyed reading the FB analysis there >> Can't believe I could understand a bit of what was being said. xd

I was a big Star Wars fan for a long time and then my husband introduced me to Star Trek, which I have been kinda obsessed with since. razz

I need more STO screenshots.

I had another discussion between Galaxy class vs Imperial II.
I couldn't find that one, that one got more technical because there were quite a few more Trekkies in that one to SW fanatics. That one was pretty awesome too. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:59 pm
I think the key that we should all remember, though, is that the Imperial army was taken down by the Rebellion, which really had no great ships or technology, lol.

And I remember an episode of Voyager where just one of the (not sure how to call it) little ships took out a big Kazon vessel.

THERE'S SO MANY POSSIBLE OUTCOMES. xd

But that Imperial ship would have definitely taken out that Star Fleet ship, just because of the sheer number of weapons.

I'm not sure that Vader would be able to track down just any foe, though, especially the Borg. They're more electronic than "human"... I dunno. I need to learn more about the specifics, haha.  

Lass Kyon

Aged Sex Symbol

8,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Entech

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items