Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I think I'm still in shock a little.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:54 am
I was just harassed by like a 10 year old as I was cleaning my car in my driveway. The whole thing was both weirdly funny, insulting, and slightly depressing that anyone could be that... stupid?

She pretty much told me that I sound like a man because I have short hair after asking if I were a man or woman because apparently the length of your hair changes your voice. She told me that short hair makes people look chubby and pointed out my cheeks and stomach as examples (which lol. My cheeks are always round. This haircut probably helps more than my longer hair ever did with making them less chubby. And otherwise, I'm probably a little TOO skinny). She told me that guys probably thought I was a guy so they won't find me attractive. She asked me if my roommate and I were girlfriends.

She told me that I had to go to church. She said I better. She would call the cops on me if I didn't. Then kind of threatened me with saying that her father was a cop, etc. She said if one doesn't go to church,one is a slut. That she would get me back for not going to church. She spit her gum at me.

It was a fun conversation. emotion_facepalm

I really wasn't sure how to react other than calmly tell her that people have different beliefs and that's okay, that I wouldn't want to date a guy that thought that I looked like a guy because I have short hair, that I don't think she should be saying words like slut and a**, etc. I also had to make sure I wasn't smiling too much and laughing because yeaaah. >.> Like how do you tell a kid they are a ******** moron and to shut the ******** up without telling them that and making them cry and having their parents pissed at you?

I think I'm going to start like lying and saying I go to church just because I'm tired of people acting like it's such a big deal. JKljdklsjldkjfsd.

I weep for our future.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:38 pm
I'm not sure I would react well to a situation like that. First of all, I'm not a big fan of children. Secondly, if one were to come up to me and start talking like that, I think I'd get pretty angry and start cussing that kid out. I don't like anyone telling me what I should do as far as my beliefs go, but a child telling me that.....I don't think so.

Anyway, that's my two cents. sweatdrop  

Katarica

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:01 pm
No. I'd love to tell her off.
And I think I probably should have been a little more firm with her about how you speak to people. I don't really deal with children, so I probably don't have that "authority" voice. I was probably a little too calm, etc.
Next time, maybe. XD

I'm also slightly used to it, so maybe I don't get angry about it as much. I don't know how many times someone has asked if I go to church, and oh I should go because Jesus loves me and church is good for you. Living in the Bible belt sucks.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:41 pm
I must say, you handled that well. Congrats. ^^

My friends and I were in a restaurant one time and this little girl comes up and starts picking on one of the guys. He told her to stop and that she shouldn't do it or whatever. Next thing we know, the girls mother is coming over to us yelling at him for apparently threatening her daughter and cussing at her. x_x; There were about 6 of us and the lady still refused to believe that her little angel had lied to her. Sad really. rolleyes

ANYWAY, back on topic, I don't think that you should have to lie to people to make them happy. If you don't want to go to church then you shouldn't have to. I know what it's like though, I live in the bible belt too. sweatdrop  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

Katarica

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:38 pm
Oh, believe me, I know that. I live in the buckle of the bible belt. So I get the God talks all the time, but mostly it's from family. I think I glare at people too much for random strangers to come up and talk to me about that kind of stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:56 pm
Wow, if she's like that to adults, imagine what she's like to other kids. Anyone want to put money on seeing her face on one of those stories of kids bullying other kids into killing themselves? XD;

Maybe her parents are like that too. Send them all to Iran. XD

Tell them you go to the church of Suites, and anyone who doesn't is going to burn in hell, because the Captain said so.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

diffun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:13 am
szen: or the kid whose victims get fed up and attack her.

either way, she sounds scary and reminds me of the little kid off bring it on: "GET OVER IT - HAG!"

i would not be able to handle that well at all (because i don’t like kids and have strong opinions about church, etc.), and i work with kids (well, teenagers). she needs a wakeup call. i bet her parents think she's really adorable, too. i hate that, that's the worst.

and you certainly shouldn't have to lie to make people happy, but then again, personally, i’ve only been hassled for my own religious standings a handful of times, so i don’t know what it’s like.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:46 pm
Protip from experience. Draw a naked body. Scares the ******** out of them. (No, it wasn't inappropriate, I was teaching an art class for adults/teens! XD)  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:37 pm
@Frantic
Yeah. That's one of the main reasons I didn't really do much. I figured the parents had a high chance of being like that. XD

Well, I'm thinking of lying to only like random passing acquittance since that's usually who bugs me about it. None of my friends give a s**t. My catholic roommate doesn't give a ******** at all.

@Kat
Ah. Both lucky and unlucky you.
My family doesn't generally annoy me about it.
Though I'm not sure if my grandparents on my dad's side know anything other than I don't go to church.

@Szen
I'm pretty sure she was having an argument with one of the other kids around here. I'm not sure if it was her saying, "No one likes you!" or the other kid yelling it at her. -shrugs-
But right after she harassed me, she was yelling at this other guy that his girlfriend was going to break up with him. Lol.

She had to hear it from somewhere.

My roommate told me to say that I go to her church next time. xD

@Ghetto
If my child ever did that to anyone, I'd figuratively beat the s**t out of them.

@Lychee
Then I'd have her parents at my door complaining about me like trying to pass my slut-ness onto their child.
But pfft. Adults and teens should be able to see a naked picture. Figure drawing classes with naked models aren't really horrifying, so I feel like a drawing should be easy. Silly people.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:40 am
When I start to get really angry I catch myself and make myself calm, but my approach changes from hostile to really sarcastic. My tone is steady so people can't tell I'm being sarcastic.

That's totally what I would have done with that kid. I would have agreed with everything she said until it was apparent that she was wrong, or maybe slyly tried to turn it around so what she said applied to her. e___o I was surprised at reading your reaction because I don't know many people that would have handled it like that. Maybe you just aren't as quick to get riled up. xp

Silver Jay Fool

La Bijou

Swashbuckling Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:05 pm
Too bad you can't just smack the little brat.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:46 pm
Good on ya Pain! I would've smacked that kid pretty quick myself.

I wear a s**t ton of black/spikes, and occasionally metal combats, so those kids get scared off long before they get into religious quarrels with me. (If I really need to get the point across, I would probably mention how much of a satanist I am)

I honestly feel sorry for kids like that, totally ******** brainwashed growing up. Reminds me of Jesus Camp (a.k.a. the scariest movie I've ever seen) Having some reverend yell at a room full of kids that they've been sinning, and all going to hell, all these kids ********' crying their eyes out begging for forgiveness. ******** sick man.  

Sunday Morning Hangover

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:32 pm
Pity she didn't run into me.
Then again, I probably would've gone to jail but y'know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:14 pm
If she wasn't 10 years old (or around that), I probably would have gotten a lot meaner/sarcastic. It'd be an entirely different situation if she were 18 or older. I just can't be shitty to a kid who is probably just repeating the s**t her parents have told her. Plus, this was in my driveway. She lives in the neighborhood. I really don't need her crying to her parents, meaning I would probably have to deal with the parents too. Too much of a hassle.

@Bijou
I really just want to sit her down and like give her a really long lecture about gender stereotypes and being a shithead and why it's inappropriate to ask random questions about someone's private life.

@Sunday
Maybe she will be terrified of my godless being and no longer talk to me.

@Comfy
Probably good for you that she didn't then. xD  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items