Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Toodaloo, ********!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

"If you don't like it, leave."
  Challenge accepted, ********. [:<
View Results

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:10 pm
So, I study at (what was) the university at which I've wanted to study since I was fourteen. I've been here for two years. I got really sick over the semester, though, and had to leave.

Well, in leaving, the school proceeded to take all my scholarships one by one (somehow) and I went from having to pay 23/50k a semester to 50/50k a semester. That'd mean that in the next two years, I'd accumulate 100k in debt. I begged and begged for these last few months to keep something, but the school told me that I was lucky they didn't make me pay the full 200k, and if I didn't like it, I could leave.

Well, as soon as I could play again, that's exactly what I did. As soon as I could play again, I practiced a s**t-ton and then auditioned at the Manhattan School of Music, and got in, and now I'm going to leave school with less than 30k in debt, and, best of all, I'M MOVING BACK TO NEW YORK CITY AFTER 10 YEARS! I'm so happy right now!

To make everything oh-so-much sweeter, my school called me today after processing my transfer request and practically begged me to stay "You've only got two more years, you'll be missing out on this and that, blah, blah, blah," but they're the ones who told me to leave. So, all I have to say is

SO LONG GAY BOYS!

If they want me back, they know where to find me. ;]

Also, Suites, it's lovely to see you again. [:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:19 pm
Yeah. They really need better plans for when students have to take a semester off for legitimate illnesses or reasons (such as a sick parent that the student needs to take care of). Universities really seem to screw you over with that s**t.

Congrats on getting in to an awesome university in NY.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Nexus Carbuncle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:35 pm
In my case, it was because I collapsed a lung. I'm a clarinet major. I THINK that's a legitimate reason to leave, non?

And it pissed me off, too, because I've been at the school for two years, and I'm both an excellent student and performer. For them to treat me like this, and then tell me what amounts to "U mad?" was a big slap in the face.

Anywho, thankyew Pain! ^.^

I'm kinda maybe excited. A little. But not too much.
>.>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:02 pm
Maybe they figured that the best cure for a collapsed lung is to pretend it isn't collapsed.

It's also really, really stupid since they just lost 23k a semester.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:49 pm
WTF YOU'RE GONNA BE IN MANHATTAN?! WE NEED TO MEET UP SO HARDCORE.

I'm rocking Baruch atm.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:20 pm
Stream Line Ego

I'm rocking Baruch atm.

Hmmm...Welllllllll I don't begin until the Fall, and I'm over near Morningside Heights. [:

Nexus Carbuncle

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:43 pm
Nexus Carbuncle
Stream Line Ego

I'm rocking Baruch atm.

Hmmm...Welllllllll I don't begin until the Fall, and I'm over near Morningside Heights. [:
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games