Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]
Debate: Are whites subjected to more racism than blacks?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

APigInAWig

Savage Tactician

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390205/Whites-suffer-racism-blacks-Study-shows-white-people-believe-discriminated-against.html

It seems that, in this article, a survey was conducted where a few blacks and whites were asked on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you think black/white people are discriminated against. The survey showed that black people thought there was a decrease in anti-black racism and a slight increase in anti-white racism. Whites had the same results only a more drastic increase in anti-white racism.

I'm here to ask, do you think that whites are discriminated more than blacks now? Do you think blacks are being allowed more privileges in this day and age? Give me your opinion on this article and your thoughts on the subject.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:45 am
Nico_Ryan
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1390205/Whites-suffer-racism-blacks-Study-shows-white-people-believe-discriminated-against.html

It seems that, in this article, a survey was conducted where a few blacks and whites were asked on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you think black/white people are discriminated against. The survey showed that black people thought there was a decrease in anti-black racism and a slight increase in anti-white racism. Whites had the same results only a more drastic increase in anti-white racism.

I'm here to ask, do you think that whites are discriminated more than blacks now? Do you think blacks are being allowed more privileges in this day and age? Give me your opinion on this article and your thoughts on the subject.

Just look at the intersectional narrative being pushed in universities and schools about white privilege. Saying it's designed to be invisible to those who hold it..... Let's not forget diversity quotas rather than hiring the people with the best credentials and in great Brittain a popular radio host was fired for diversity hires.....

So yes, right now its educational institutions teaching anti white racism, claiming women and other minorities are oppressed simply for being women or minorities in order to then start demands for quotas as positive discrimiation for those groups. Positive discrimination for one group is negative discrimination to another.  

Mera1506

APigInAWig

Savage Tactician

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:59 am
Mera1506

Just look at the intersectional narrative being pushed in universities and schools about white privilege. Saying it's designed to be invisible to those who hold it..... Let's not forget diversity quotas rather than hiring the people with the best credentials and in great Brittain a popular radio host was fired for diversity hires.....

So yes, right now its educational institutions teaching anti white racism, claiming women and other minorities are oppressed simply for being women or minorities in order to then start demands for quotas as positive discrimination for those groups. Positive discrimination for one group is negative discrimination to another.

I wrote this years ago and I have no idea why but anyway, consider the reason why diversity quotas are even there. People are avoiding hiring people based on their ethnic background. There's even studies showing that there is discrimination in job applications based on how ethnic the name sounds. So yeah, people are oppressed simply for being a certain ethnicity or gender.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:17 pm
I think that white guilt isn't working anymore so now it's time to actively demonize whitey. No white person alive today has any connection to slavery and white people are beginning to realize how retarded it is to feel sorry for s**t that happened hundreds of years ago to people that neither whites or nonwhites knew.

The system has been set up to increasingly reward nonwhites over whites and nonwhites still moan and complain that they can't compete and that it's all rigged. University acceptance and job interviews are just two examples of mandatory diversity bullshit where they'll accept/hire mediocre performers just because of skin color, sexuality, or gender.

All you have to do is pay attention to mainstream media to see that the straight white male is the scapegoat for just about every social ill conceivable. Whites are becoming a minority in America and yet it surprises the talking heads that they're beginning to vote "like minorities."

Short answer: I don't think there's a lot of actual discrimination yet but there's certainly an uptick in racism towards white people.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

APigInAWig

Savage Tactician

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:10 pm
Obscurus
I think that white guilt isn't working anymore so now it's time to actively demonize whitey. No white person alive today has any connection to slavery and white people are beginning to realize how retarded it is to feel sorry for s**t that happened hundreds of years ago to people that neither whites or nonwhites knew.

The system has been set up to increasingly reward nonwhites over whites and nonwhites still moan and complain that they can't compete and that it's all rigged. University acceptance and job interviews are just two examples of mandatory diversity bullshit where they'll accept/hire mediocre performers just because of skin color, sexuality, or gender.

All you have to do is pay attention to mainstream media to see that the straight white male is the scapegoat for just about every social ill conceivable. Whites are becoming a minority in America and yet it surprises the talking heads that they're beginning to vote "like minorities."

Short answer: I don't think there's a lot of actual discrimination yet but there's certainly an uptick in racism towards white people.

The systems that "reward" people of color were set up because they weren't able to compete with whites, specifically white males, due to the majority of people in charge having a preference for white people. Hundreds of years ago is a vast exaggeration considering Jim Crow laws were just ending in the 1950s/60's. The first black woman to get into an all white elementary school in the southern US is still alive, come on. So yeah no, it hasn't been that long since there was legal discrimination. These laws that help nonwhites are fairly new.

If mediocre people of color are being given things, say jobs, they aren't qualified for maybe look to the people hiring not trying to find the best qualified but looking for anyone to fit their ethnic quota.

If you do actually witness straight white males being the scapegoat for social ills, it could be because nonwhites have not been able to say these things historically. Whites, especially white males, weren't able to be blamed without the blamers being lynched or tortured or outcasted or whatever. Like I said, all of this wasn't that long ago. It was less than a hundred years ago. People are still alive that experienced it.

Whites don't really have to think about these things or anything else a minority is experiencing. That's a key component in this whole white privilege thing people are prattling on about. They don't have to consider and worry about a lot of things that minorities do because of their skin color. Its really a recent thing that they're actually being made to hear other opinions. Like I've said before, this is all recent.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:54 pm
Nico_Ryan
Obscurus

The systems that "reward" people of color were set up because they weren't able to compete with whites, specifically white males, due to the majority of people in charge having a preference for white people. Hundreds of years ago is a vast exaggeration considering Jim Crow laws were just ending in the 1950s/60's. The first black woman to get into an all white elementary school in the southern US is still alive, come on. So yeah no, it hasn't been that long since there was legal discrimination. These laws that help nonwhites are fairly new.

If mediocre people of color are being given things, say jobs, they aren't qualified for maybe look to the people hiring not trying to find the best qualified but looking for anyone to fit their ethnic quota.

If you do actually witness straight white males being the scapegoat for social ills, it could be because nonwhites have not been able to say these things historically. Whites, especially white males, weren't able to be blamed without the blamers being lynched or tortured or outcasted or whatever. Like I said, all of this wasn't that long ago. It was less than a hundred years ago. People are still alive that experienced it.

Whites don't really have to think about these things or anything else a minority is experiencing. That's a key component in this whole white privilege thing people are prattling on about. They don't have to consider and worry about a lot of things that minorities do because of their skin color. Its really a recent thing that they're actually being made to hear other opinions. Like I've said before, this is all recent.

The "hundreds of years" was in reference to slavery. White people are made to feel guilty because of things they never did to people that died hundreds of years ago. I never enslaved anyone. I have no problem at all treating people based on their merits and actions rather than their melanin. I don't have to constantly be reminded of past atrocities in order to treat someone like a human being. It's like Jews that constantly bring up the Holocaust. Yes, the six million, now shut the ******** up and stop building on Palestinian land. Past atrocities aren't a free pass for being a piece of s**t in the present.

I have no problem with equality of any kind. The fundamental problem is that human beings are inherently not equal. Trying to "level the playing field" is noble but that doesn't make everyone an equal player on that field. So to combat discrimination we now have diversity quotas which result in capable people being passed over for mediocre people based solely on how dark their skin is.

If nonwhites want to be treated equally and be able to perform equally this "white privilege" and oppression olympics s**t needs to stop. The worst offenders aren't even nonwhites but sheltered liberal arts hipsters. Black culture is a huge reason why black people find it difficult to succeed in modern America and a group is never defined by its exceptions. A culture that glorifies being an uneducated criminal will produce uneducated criminals. If you try to better yourself then you're called an "Uncle Tom" and a "house ******." The only thing holding black people back in this present time is black people. Every opportunity and allowance has been made to give formerly oppressed minorities the chance to succeed and the majority simply do not want to.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Debating Debating it all goes Here [[ Serious Debates and Controversial Topics]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games