Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Need Help with Abused Friend Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:38 pm
Playboy Karasu Uchiha
She has to tell someone and report it as:

1. It's a crime and he needs to go to jail.

2. It can help prevent other potential victims. Chances are he would sexually abuse someone else if it isn't stopped now.

3. So she can get help and go to counselling which can help her to move on, plus it is a good idea if she goes to a clinic and get an exam just in case. Her physical health could be at risk.

It's not a pleasant or easy thing, but he needs to stop. Often victims of abuse have trouble concentrating, so it could also effect her school work as well.

It's the best thing and the right thing to do in my opinion. No one should have to go through with this and he shouldn't get away with it.

She shouldn't lose her scholarship if she reports him as it isn't her fault and she did nothing wrong, but if her grades start slipping she could lose it though.

THIS^ The s**t needs to END NOW; I'm sorry you have to deal with this horrible situation and I'm happy that you're helping your friend.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:04 am
Shiny Leather Boots
Oh, I just want to add something. This girl's family is not very well off. She has a scholarship to a really good school, and i don't want to do anything to take this away from her.

I doubt reporting the abuse would hurt her getting a scholarship. Colleges don't really go, "Well, this one's been abused. She's probably got issues, we can't have this one running around."
If anything it might help her, and a broken home does help with FAFSA too... bad conditions normally get more scholarships than happy, upper-class backgrounds..
Or that's what I would think anyways.  

heylookdixs

Invisible Regular

cvbkfgbkjmgbcj

Timid Darling

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:52 pm
S0ri-Kun
Shiny Leather Boots
Oh, I just want to add something. This girl's family is not very well off. She has a scholarship to a really good school, and i don't want to do anything to take this away from her.

I doubt reporting the abuse would hurt her getting a scholarship. Colleges don't really go, "Well, this one's been abused. She's probably got issues, we can't have this one running around."
If anything it might help her, and a broken home does help with FAFSA too... bad conditions normally get more scholarships than happy, upper-class backgrounds..

No, that's not what I meant. I wouldn't want her to be forced to move away from her neighborhood and thus farther away from the school because of complications as a result of reporting the incident  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:05 pm
Shiny Leather Boots
S0ri-Kun
Shiny Leather Boots

No, that's not what I meant. I wouldn't want her to be forced to move away from her neighborhood and thus farther away from the school because of complications as a result of reporting the incident

Hm, true, that is a problem. There are other ways to help, without reporting..  

heylookdixs

Invisible Regular

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas