Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Advice for an idiot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 pm
The ones who read this may think I got into some sort of argument with someone, and that person is the idiot. Sadly, that is not the case (this time). I am that idiot... emotion_8c

Here's the thing, in roughly 2 hours I will be going to my first college club meeting: a taiko drum group. I'm pretty excited and nervous at the same time (I don't do well around strangers), but there's one thing that has me worried: This guy that I've met and talked to a few times is in it (he's part of my friend's Lutheran church). He's pretty damn fun and cool, not to mention cute. And straight. At least I'm 90% sure about it... confused Anyways, I don't want to end up falling for him or anything like that. I already have a very mild crush on him, and there's no need to torture myself in the future over impossibilities.

Does anyone have any sort of advice for this kind of situation? It's probably about time I asked, since this seems to happen to me more often than not... >_>  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:03 pm

It reminds me of a situation I had in one of my earlier High school days.
I have a dreadful tendency to end up accidentally getting crushes on people when I'm totally not suited for them, or visa versa.

What I did was to remind myself that:

1. We'd be better off as friends.

2. He certainly didn't look at me that way.

3. I didn't know him that well, and we don't have so much in common.

4. There was practically no chance of a future with the guy, and although they may be cute and funny, it'd be better to think

I'm one of those people that will probably never find anyone, since I have a personality that guys really don't like in people they'll date, so I just dish out the advice that has applied to me in the past....I'm sorry if it sucks. :face palm:

You're welcome to talk to me about anything else in this situation. 3nodding
XX

Ahlys

Ahlys

Gracious Hunter

Falsequivalence

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:23 pm
I do my best to entirely avoid people I'm attracted to...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:18 am
Ahlys

It reminds me of a situation I had in one of my earlier High school days.
I have a dreadful tendency to end up accidentally getting crushes on people when I'm totally not suited for them, or visa versa.

What I did was to remind myself that:

1. We'd be better off as friends.

2. He certainly didn't look at me that way.

3. I didn't know him that well, and we don't have so much in common.

4. There was practically no chance of a future with the guy, and although they may be cute and funny, it'd be better to think

I'm one of those people that will probably never find anyone, since I have a personality that guys really don't like in people they'll date, so I just dish out the advice that has applied to me in the past....I'm sorry if it sucks. :face palm:

You're welcome to talk to me about anything else in this situation. 3nodding
XX

Ahlys

This actually helps a lot, thanks! And it's kind of the same with me, usually my personality and spikes scare people off... emotion_0A0  

Veneficus Monstrum

6,700 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Dark Wolf Oria

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:59 pm
i say, be yourself and if he turns out to be straight, you can still try to be friends. if he's a homophobic d**k, then he ain't the one for you. get me?  
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games