Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { After School Special } -----Character Plotting
Lookin for help with Merope's Plot!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:49 pm
I have a student. You've probably heard of him: undead, male, sometimes female, goes by the name of Merope. You've probably even seen his plot thread.

For awhile, I've been rather... stuck. This is where you come in: I need help. I have a plot for him and anyone else willing and interested to tag along with him down this particular story path, however... Part of this plot requires secrecy. For that, I need to find people who are interested enough, but find them in such a way that does not give their involvement away OOCly. Intrigued?

Let me begin by stating that this is a player plot. If you are in search of something along the lines of what a GM can do, please take a look at the Meta Character Sacrifice thread.

There will be consequences with this plot. They range in size from small to large, from a simple disagreement between friends to losing something precious to even scoring detention. It is possible to avoid these consequences; it all depends on you. Do you want to have a clean getaway? Do you want to end up in it over your head? It's all up to you.

Plot specifics are currently unavailable. What I say, however, is that Merope's plot offers:

- Conspiracy!
- Secrecy!
- Drama!
- Action!
- Suspense!
- Murder!
- Betrayal!
- Mystery!
- And more!

If you're interested, you have two options: you can post the following form here in this thread, or PM it to me. Yes, it's a questionnaire -- I am going to use the answers to determine whether or not a character would qualify for the conspiracy/secrecy part of the plot. biggrin

THIS IS OPEN TO BOTH AMITYVILLE AND DEUS EX CHARACTERS!
Yes! I can use a couple hunters in this! You guys will be in golems though. There are no plans for any sort of Amityville vs Deus Ex battle unless you guys manage to prompt one~

THE FORM:

[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Faction:[/b] Amityville/Deus Ex
[b]Year/Rank:[/b]

[b]Your character finds an injured common type minipet in an old trap. By the looks of things, it was there for a long while. What do they do?[/b]

[b]Your character is in need of cash. Which of the following would they do to earn it: battle, babysit, or gamble?[/b]

[b]Your character goes to purchase something. After purchasing it, you realize the cashier has given them too much change. What do they do?[/b]

[b]While out and about, your character witnesses a thief steal a wallet from somebody. This somebody notices and calls for the Boogeymen. In his haste to get away, the thief has dropped the wallet they stolen. It lands at your character's feet, and nobody seems to have noticed. What do they do?[/b]

[b]Your character has been ordered to do something they don't want to do. On their way to do it, they run into a friend who offers to do it for them in return for completing a favor of their choosing in the future. What happens next?[/b]

[b]Finally, is your character on a plot of their own?[/b] If you want your character to become more mature/rebellious/distraught/stronger/etc, I will try to work it into this plot so that everyone who participates benefits in a way they'd like to. I make no guarantees, however.

This plot is going to be "big" in the sense that I intend for Merope to gain a lot of development from this, which is why I created a separate thread instead of posting in his current plot thread. There ARE opportunities for your own characters to develop, however the size and to the extent at how they develop is entirely up to you. c:  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:11 pm
Character Name: Nahm
Faction: Amityville
Year/Rank: Year 1

Your character finds an injured common type minipet in an old trap. By the looks of things, it was there for a long while. What do they do? If it's badly injured ... he probably eats it. >.>; If it looks relatively healthy, he releases it and dumps it on someone he thinks can take care of it.

Your character is in need of cash. Which of the following would they do to earn it: battle, babysit, or gamble? Battle or gamble

Your character goes to purchase something. After purchasing it, you realize the cashier has given them too much change. What do they do? Sweet. Free money!

While out and about, your character witnesses a thief steal a wallet from somebody. This somebody notices and calls for the Boogeymen. In his haste to get away, the thief has dropped the wallet they stolen. It lands at your character's feet, and nobody seems to have noticed. What do they do? Pick it up and see if anyone notices - if someone has seen him pick it up, her returns it, if not, he filches any money inside and then returns the wallet.

Your character has been ordered to do something they don't want to do. On their way to do it, they run into a friend who offers to do it for them in return for completing a favor of their choosing in the future. What happens next? He'll take that offer, whatever it will be can't be that bad.

Finally, is your character on a plot of their own? No~  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:20 am
Character Name: Genevieve
Year/Rank: Y1

Your character finds an injured common type minipet in an old trap. By the looks of things, it was there for a long while. What do they do? Poor thing! She'd take it in as her own and nurse it back to health, and keep it for the rest of forever.

Your character is in need of cash. Which of the following would they do to earn it: battle, babysit, or gamble? Babysit.

Your character goes to purchase something. After purchasing it, you realize the cashier has given them too much change. What do they do? Give it back.

While out and about, your character witnesses a thief steal a wallet from somebody. This somebody notices and calls for the Boogeymen. In his haste to get away, the thief has dropped the wallet they stolen. It lands at your character's feet, and nobody seems to have noticed. What do they do? Hand it to the person, smile, and see if she could help them.

Your character has been ordered to do something they don't want to do. On their way to do it, they run into a friend who offers to do it for them in return for completing a favor of their choosing in the future. What happens next? She takes up the offer, thinking that it can't be all that bad.

Finally, is your character on a plot of their own? No, but I'd love for her to realize that the world isn't butterflies, sunshine, and coffee.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:53 pm
Because I keep meaning for this interaction to happen and it hasn't happened yet aaaah:

Character Name: L.C. Malodore
Year/Rank: Y2

Your character finds an injured common type minipet in an old trap. By the looks of things, it was there for a long while. What do they do?
Liberate the minipet and take it home to see if it can be healed. If not, it can probably be experimented on...

Your character is in need of cash. Which of the following would they do to earn it: battle, babysit, or gamble?
Babysit, though it would probably be pretty bad at it after it realizes you can't logic with little ones.

Your character goes to purchase something. After purchasing it, you realize the cashier has given them too much change. What do they do?
Give back the extra change.

While out and about, your character witnesses a thief steal a wallet from somebody. This somebody notices and calls for the Boogeymen. In his haste to get away, the thief has dropped the wallet they stolen. It lands at your character's feet, and nobody seems to have noticed. What do they do?
Return the wallet to the person from whom it was taken.

Your character has been ordered to do something they don't want to do. On their way to do it, they run into a friend who offers to do it for them in return for completing a favor of their choosing in the future. What happens next?
It depends on who the friend is, quite honestly. XD It could go either way depending on the person, and how much Mal trusts them~

Finally, is your character on a plot of their own?
Nothing in particular right now! Doing a fun supporting role in another plot would actually be awesome. I tend to discover new character aspects/unexpected growth just by playing. C:  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:44 pm
Character Name: Mortimer
Year/Rank: On the cusp of Y2 (exam still going on at the time of this posting)

Your character finds an injured common type minipet in an old trap. By the looks of things, it was there for a long while. What do they do? Depending on its type, the severity of the injury, and how Mort feels, the mini pet could be saved or eaten.

Your character is in need of cash. Which of the following would they do to earn it: battle, babysit, or gamble? Mort knows from past experience that luck hates him, so he wouldn't dare gamble unless coerced. He wouldn't necessarily mind babysitting, but he's had no prior experience with anything beyond one or two mini pets at a time. Battling . . . 8D; He wouldn't mind doing more of them now, but he's had even worse luck doing so. Most likely of the choices is babysit then.

Your character goes to purchase something. After purchasing it, you realize the cashier has given them too much change. What do they do? If it's a noticeable amount, give it back. Something like an extra two or three seeds he'll just casually pocket; he needs money, man, even if he feels guilty about it.

While out and about, your character witnesses a thief steal a wallet from somebody. This somebody notices and calls for the Boogeymen. In his haste to get away, the thief has dropped the wallet they stolen. It lands at your character's feet, and nobody seems to have noticed. What do they do? Take the wallet and give it back - both because he feels morally obligated (a wallet is a lot more than several seeds after all), and because he hopes an act like this will help him get contacts who could help him down the road. Or, y'know, look like a cool guy to even strangers.

Your character has been ordered to do something they don't want to do. On their way to do it, they run into a friend who offers to do it for them in return for completing a favor of their choosing in the future. What happens next? If not explicitly told to kept it a secret, he'd probably QQ about it to said friend and ask for advice on how to handle the situation, not wanting to have someone else do his job for him but also wanting a second opinion.

Finally, is your character on a plot of their own?
Mort doesn't have a huge plot of his own beyond working his way to creating a robotic hand to help channel his main FEAR through for Y2 experiments. I wouldn't mind for him to gain some more self-confidence, however, as right now he's been rather weak in the courage department save for very rare occasions. He wants to be a hero like those in his comic books.  
{ After School Special } -----Character Plotting

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games