PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:08 pm
Don't mind me.... smile

User Image

User Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JONGn4iENJU&feature=youtu.be  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:14 pm
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Cuuuute. :>

Our store just got them in last week (or the week before?) after not having them for a long time (since before I started, anyways). I was thinking about getting one, but decided against it. Impulse buy & all that, do I really want something else to take care of? Haha.

Celestial Fireflies

Witty Autobiographer

Akari_32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:33 pm
Celestial Fireflies
cєℓєsтιαℓ ғιʀєғℓιєs:

Cuuuute. :>

Our store just got them in last week (or the week before?) after not having them for a long time (since before I started, anyways). I was thinking about getting one, but decided against it. Impulse buy & all that, do I really want something else to take care of? Haha.

My PetSmart hasn't had them in over 6 months, I think. Finally got them in last week or the week before, and I had to get them lol

They actually don't like being alone much. They like to at least be in pairs. I would have bought 3, but my tank is a hex, so theres not so much floor space as a regular 5 gallon, so two had to do lol

They're really fun! You should try them out some time smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:55 pm
Ok, so this picture is horrible, but I have a story 3nodding

User Image

I just added the frogs to the tank. It took a while for Chi, the Betta, to figure out they were in there, but now that he has, he's checked them both out thoroughly. He was checking out the darker one, and they both focused on each other real hard. This is when I took the picture. Then, as soon as I'm done, the frog darts up, and chomps poor little Chi right on the nose! Little guy didn't know what to do ::rofl ::rofl ::rofl ::rofl ::rofl ::rofl ::rofl

He's taking it all quiet well, though. Inspecting them nicely, no aggressive postures or anything, and now he's doing it from a bit of a distance LOL He's also not focusing on them completely, which tells me this should very well work out. I'm very happy smile

He's still not quiet sure why the strange little creature bit him on the nose, and has to go back over every few minutes to see if its still there, and if it'll happen again, but he's behaving smile

Also, here a little video from right after I added them to the tank.

http://youtu.be/Pr-vHqMcCRA

Oh, and 10 billion points to anyone who can name the song playing the background!  

Akari_32

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:04 pm
omg, I have ALWAYS wanted some of those, we almost got some at one point (we had them bagged and everything) but then the guy told us we should start small, so we just got some guppies, plus I hear they are as stupid as a bag of rocks, you have to feed them or something, IDK....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:27 pm
They certainly aren't smart, and they are pretty much blind. Most people hand feed them. If you get them on a schedule and feed them in the same spot at the same time every day, they do catch on, though.

They are so funny, though! I love them heart  

Akari_32

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 pm
Akari_32
They certainly aren't smart, and they are pretty much blind. Most people hand feed them. If you get them on a schedule and feed them in the same spot at the same time every day, they do catch on, though.

They are so funny, though! I love them heart
aaahhh I see lol, one of my friend had some, and they kept breeding, but eating the eggs, I think she had them in one of those betta things, IDK I can't remember it was a zillion years ago lol  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:55 am
Yeah, they're easy to breed, but raising the tadpoles is apparently quite the accomplishment.

Feeding time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWzwufThtU&feature=youtu.be

I realized how much it looked like I gave the one frog, after watching this. Its because I crushed up the frog pellets, because they can't eat them whole, so it just looks like a lot lol

And as always, Chi has to be in the middle of things XD  

Akari_32

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:51 am
Akari_32
Yeah, they're easy to breed, but raising the tadpoles is apparently quite the accomplishment.

Feeding time!

I realized how much it looked like I gave the one frog, after watching this. Its because I crushed up the frog pellets, because they can't eat them whole, so it just looks like a lot lol

lol your betta is so cute!! what kind is he??  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:25 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Akari_32

Feeding time!

Thanks! He's a Big Eared (referring to his big pectoral fins) Halfmoon Plakat. I got him at PetCo smile  

Akari_32

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:09 pm
Akari_32
Cowgirl-with-heart
Akari_32

Feeding time!

Thanks! He's a Big Eared (referring to his big pectoral fins) Halfmoon Plakat. I got him at PetCo smile
ooohhh lol never heard of them xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
Akari_32
Cowgirl-with-heart
Akari_32

Feeding time!

They're just now starting to get popular out side of the breeder world  

Akari_32

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:54 pm
Akari_32
Cowgirl-with-heart
Akari_32
Cowgirl-with-heart
Akari_32

Feeding time!

They're just now starting to get popular out side of the breeder world
oohh I see smile  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas