I want to do underwater treadmill

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:19 am
This has been a really HORRIBLE winter so far. Rain, rain, freezing rain, more rain, which of course freezes so the streets are a wonderful sheet of ice. Missed a whole bunch of skijoring practices already. To top it off, the woods where I usually walk Cowboy, no longer allowing dogs. evil you know, the usual few people ruining it for everyone, letting their dogs crap right NEXT to th garbage cans, and not bothering to pick it up. Or, picking up, tying the bags to a tree to "get on their way back" and never doing so, which leads the whole forest decorated with poop bags.

Anyway, I just feel like Cowboy is NOT getting enough exercise. So, I could, maybe 1. buy us a treadmill. But it will probably take a good amount of time to get him to use it. I'm sure he wouldn't want to be on something moving. OR we could go use the underwater treadmill at the vet. I was waiting and hoping and waiting for the clinic I work at to get one, but it's been like 5 months and every time I ask it's "soon". So taking him to the other clinic next week to try him on it. It's 40 bucks for one session, or 170 for 5, or 10 for 300. I don't think I can afford packages just yet. Still have some people to pay back before I go spending more money. I also think it's really important that Cowboy stay active. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:36 pm
Its really awesome. smile It tires Riddle right out! It's been great for keeping muscle tone on her with her stupid elbow. She really just has permanent arthritis in it now, so the most we can really do is manage it, but that means she doesn't get much exercise. The hydrotherapy is great because it keeps her a little more in shape, but doesn't strain her elbow.

If you can afford it, go for it!  

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:39 pm
I signed up for 1 session, which is like, 30mins max I think, and it's 40 bucks. I suppose I could take him to work for the regular treadmill, but, at that point it seems easier to take him out walking. He seems to have a faint limp after the mad running he did with his girlfriend today for an hour straight, so I'm thinking maybe a laser treatment? Or my money may be better spent getting him a new bottle of fish oil.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:15 am
I'm getting the fish oil today. I have just enough money to buy it for my dog and have enough left over to pay for the treadmill Friday, just in case my cheque isn't ready tomorrow. I am going to be making an extra hundred bucks a week now that I've taken on another shift at the store. I'm feeling really guilty about only doing one day at the clinic, but, I don't really LIKE working there most of the time, so I'm trying to keep my stress down this semester lol.

So, what I'm thinking is, if I do treadmill every SECOND week, that's probably affordable, and that way he has one good exercise each week. Since skijoring is also every second week. (except it's raining AGAIN, so maybe it'll get cancelled this week. )

I'll try to film it when I go on Friday. He likes to swim but we'll see if he's petrified of the tank.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces