Welcome to Gaia! ::

Something Like That

Back to Guilds

Just a bunch of crazy non-humans hanging out. XD 

Tags: random, sexyfine, non-humans, international, hang-out 

Reply Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!
HOMAICOW it's a MOOOOOOvie weekend DERPDERP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:40 pm
I haven't watched movies in...

FOR-EV-ER

Friday (ohshitdatstoday) - Robo Geisha
Saturday - Flight of the Navigator / Star Trek First Contact
Sunday - The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus / Paprika

I should add a couple more, not sure yet. Maybe some 90s flicks with Good Burger and Bean: The Movie.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:41 pm
Never seen robo geisha or flight of the navigator XD

Camera 0bscura

Fluffy Pumpkin

13,975 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Pie For All! 300

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:03 pm
Camera 0bscura
Never seen flight of the navigator XD

emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:04 pm
digi162
Camera 0bscura

emotion_donotwant

What )8<

Camera 0bscura

Fluffy Pumpkin

13,975 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Pie For All! 300

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:09 pm
Camera 0bscura
digi162
Camera 0bscura

emotion_donotwant

What )8<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPQyvEjp6Dk  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 pm
What the fack did i just watch D:

Camera 0bscura

Fluffy Pumpkin

13,975 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Pie For All! 300

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 pm
Robo Geisha : 7/10

// Pros: Really poor (or intentionally bad) translation makes for a ******** hilarious dub. The fight scenes are the best, along with all the over-the-top characters and scenarios.
// Cons: Story is dragged out to long, and many scenes could have been cut to improve the pacing and time. The opening sequence doesn't get woven back into the story, and some things like the prisoners dying twice seem odd.
// Verdict: Watch it lightheartedly with a group of friends, but after the laughs, you probably won't want to watch it again.

Best line: "YEAH we're going to Kagano's steel manufacturing to convince them in person to frickin release our families, and we'll frickin stare at them with HARRRRRRD GLLLLLLINTING EYESSSSSS"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:47 am
I have to watch this "Robo Geisha". Sounds like this movie I watched back in the day... I forgot the name of it. D:  

KoRoShItA

Unbeatable Member

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Member 100

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:15 pm
Flight of the Navigator: 8/10

// Pros: Very nostalgic film with a lot of 80s cultural references, 80s technology, and especially highlighting the interest people used to have with NASA. Story is very solid and even tear-jerking near the beginning. Best aspect is that the movie knows it's audience, and tricks the viewer into an unexpected storyline.
// Cons: It takes a good 45 minutes before the main character even begins the UFO adventure, and once there it becomes a waste of time as they fly around generic parts of the world. Some scenes (like the intro scene with the dogs chasing Frisbees) could have been shortened down to extend other scenes.
// Verdict: Great family movie, and fun little film to watch on your own, but you might not have an appreciation for the movie if you never saw it in your childhood before.

Best lines: "He just said he wanted to phone home..." and "ʘ‿ʘ COMPLIANCE~"  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:21 pm
Star Trek First Contact: 9/10

// Pros: Ho crap I forgot how creepy/scary awesome this movie was. Action packed, very clear and well scripted story, impressive cast of characters. Ton of cameos for those well scripted in Star Trek history, and just overall fantastic visuals and score.
// Cons: The Borg battle at the beginning is a bit muddled and could have used some more built up intensity for what was to come. There was one unclear plot point that didn't make sense, and some things would have been unclear for those not familiar with the franchise.
// Verdict: Fantastic movie, some things might confuse those not familiar with the series, but just put those thoughts aside and enjoy the ride.

Best lines: "The line must be drawn HERE. THIS FAR. NO FURTHER." and "I'm a doctor, not a doorstop."  

digi162

Lucky Cat

digi162

Lucky Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 pm
The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus: 9/10

// Pros: Beautifully done, absolutely gorgeous. You have a great cast of characters and a very original and interesting story told with really good pacing and timing. The symbolism of the Hanged Man unfolds interestingly, and with how the movie ends, it almost implies the whole journey was simply the imagination of a homeless man.
// Cons: Tony's story through the mirror could have been a lot shorter, with more focus on the other stories, since I felt it wasn't really interesting. Also the story gets a bit muddled toward the end when the devil wins, laments the fact, and then makes a more straightforward bet. Seems a bit odd but IDK.
// Verdict: This is a movie you have to see twice. I haven't had the time to see it again until now, and it's interesting knowing what's ahead and picking up on things you didn't see the first time around.

Best lines: "I see it all now. It's so clear. This has nothing to do with us here. Somewhere in this world, right now, someone else is telling a story. A different story, a saga, a romance, a tale of unforeseen death. It doesn't matter, it's sustaining the universe. That's why we're still here. You can't stop stories being told."  
Something Like That -- HULLO, EVERYONE! ANGRY KITSUNE IS BACK!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games