Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Moving

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:24 am
Ah, moving. I love it and I hate it.

Over the past couple of days, I've been moving stuff to a new apartment. I think this marks the 12th move I've made since I was 18, although at least this is just from one apartment to another in the same neighbourhood. I've been in this place for 3 years. Although some of the other moves have been somewhat long-distance, none of them have been dramatically far. (I've never lived outside of the Maritimes, for example).

It's such a pain to put everything into boxes and bags, and lug it somewhere else, and unpack. Moving furniture up and down stairs is never fun, either. When I was moving around more often, I'd managed to keep my possessions and furnishings to a bare minimum, but I seem to have accumulated more stuff in the past couple of years. xp

On the other hand, it's nice to move into a new place and start fresh. In the past, I've moved to places where I didn't know a single soul. It sucks to leave your friends behind, but it's easy to keep in touch these days. I like exploring a new city or neighbourhood.

So, discuss:
-Moving
-Love it or loathe it? Why or why not?
-Being a stranger in a new place  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:53 pm
well, i just moved in with my grandmother in the county over from my house. i have to go to a new school, too.
its awsome because its just meeting more people and makeing new freinds. you dont have the same old nicknames and reputations that you HATE from the last place you were.

but its also an alien world full of strangers. you dont know who to trust, or who to hang out with. (especially if you go from a school without uniforms to a school WITH uniforms like i did, because you cant tell who the preps and jocks and etc. are....on the other hand, it lets people not be intimidated by your appearance and able to talk to you)
for a while, you have noone to talk to or hang out with. the teachers dont know you at all, your peers dont know you. pardon my french, but it kinda makes life out to be ******** hell for a while.  

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:48 pm
I want to move so bad, I hate it here.

I like moving to a better town and house, hate moving to crappy places though. I don't really have friends so that doesn't bother me much, though there are some places that I love going to and would hate to not being able to go there as much if I move too far away.

New places can be scary at first, but I guess you get used to it over time. I want to move into a town house where at the bottom, there are stores and all that (saves time without having to travel quite as much. There is this one place the next two towns over that has a salon, clinic and market at the bottom and apartments at the top). Stuff you would see at the beach. That would be awesome. cool  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:59 pm
i actually want to move. my first move was nearly 12 years ago, and since then i've helped my aunt with two moves in the past 11 years. it can be a tense experience, but after a lot of time spent idle, it can be refreshing. i'm actually planning a big move for when i start college in the fall, considering where i've applied to is close enough where i can drive to it, but too far to really live at home without so much expenses in gas everyday. the only thing that i've noticed is hard about moving is all you have to sacrifice for what is considered new. i know i'm going to be leaving behind friends and my grandparents to move in temporarily with family near to the college i want to go to. i'd have to adapt to a vaguely familiar area in which i have very few connections to. it would take a while, but adaptation is possible. i already know how it's going to feel considering every time i visit family for extended durations, that's how it feels

Thirteenth_Floor

Friend

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:57 pm
I loathe moving. It's hard on my back, stressful and exhausting.
I don't mind being new to an area since I make friends easily.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:36 pm
I'm actually moving out of my mom's place in the next year or so to an off-campus apartment near university. The reason it's off-campus is because my roommate is well...the girlfriend.

Not liking the fact it's off-campus to be honest, but mom said that's best given our situations and such.

Problem is trying to get everything sorted out...and a computer.  

Sifen Yamishi

Fashionable Vampire

Lady Kayura

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:56 am
I like moving into a nicer or bigger place but the act of moving I hate. Lots of work packing then moving it all. My last move was complicated by repeated problems with my apartment that I didn't discover until I moved in. Though I may be moving again if they decide to jack up my rent.

Sifen Yamishi, living in an apartment will be much nicer than living in dorms! How far away from campus will you be living?

Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games