Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baka Midori-chan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:51 pm
Sorry for the terrible picture quality... sweatdrop

User Image

I'm not sure what colors to make the couch and surrounding accents (background right now is just a really quick, really rough sketched in version of what I want, minus some details).

Her outfit is cooler, but her skin and lips add some warmth. Should I continue adding warmth within the background?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 pm
T__T Unfortunately, I'm not that good with color comps. Sorry I can't really help much.

Maybe an Emerald green like color?... Maybe?......... probably not. XD  

Caliber Mengsk

Blade of the Contessa

Unforgiving Duelist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 pm
Maybe red, to contrast with her outfit? And a bit of gold?
And, you're right, you can add some warmth to the background. That would balance things out within your drawing.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 pm
I say try a soft orange. That will compliment her blue dress and add more warmth to the picture.  

Iris Silver

TheGentleBeast

6,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:02 pm
This is really well done. I suppose it depends on where you want to go with the piece. You should think of contrast and warmth and cool. But also how the color of choice will affect the picture visually as well as emotionally. Most kinds of red will give a more seductive and dominant feel, it will also contrast with the blue. Mind you I'm not an expert so what I'm saying might be drivil to someone with experience. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:08 am
I was thinking of going red originally, but soft orange and gold were mentioned. If I were to design a pattern for the couch, I could make it to balance out the temp.

Thank you guys! =) I really appreciate the feedback!  

Baka Midori-chan

Main Guild Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff