Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[!][Open Class] First Aid 101 (Yin and Xiu) Pass x 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

NAME OF CLASS: First Aid 101
PROFESSOR NAME: Professor Cricket

General information: A general overview on basic illnesses a student might run into, as well as symptoms and quick fixes to things like breaks and deep cuts while on the go!

Each student is given a dummy to work on, though they may choose to partner up in fixing it.

Mechanics:
Roll 1 20-sided dice, what you roll is what your student gets to work with...

Dice Rolls and What they Mean!
1-4 - Broken Bone
4-8 - Fever
9-12 - Heat Stroke
13-16 - Hypothermia
17-20 - Lack of Bodily Function (such as breathing, pulse, etc) - this is unnaturally so.

After this, please roll 4, 4-sided Dice. Take into account their total and any repeating numbers

Total Results and their Meaning

1-6 - You do a rather poor job patching up your dummy, you might not want to try and heal anybody anytime soon!
7-12 - You do an average job, nothing extraordinary, but passable!
12-16 - Extra good work! Your student can now heal surface wounds!, but not repair HP! This means things like cuts and bleeding that might hinder another character can be patched up!

What Repeating Numbers Mean

No Repeating Numbers - You used just the right amount of supplies, good for you! Not wasteful at all.
Repeating 1s or 2s - You didn't use enough supplies, that's rather lazy and Cricket obviously disapproves of it.
Repeating 3s or 4s - You used too many supplies and that's wasteful! Naughty! Cricket might make you earn your supply rights back in a future class!

If you work as a group, split up the dice between yourselves as evenly as possible. So if you're paired up, each person rolls a 10 sided dice and you add up the results to get your dummy!

Then you split up your 4 sided dice to work on fixing it up!

Bonus Mechanics:
For every 3 times you attempt this course, your student may add +1 to their 4d4 dice roll's total to improve how well they patched up the dummy.

YOU LOSE/FINISH THIS CLASS WHEN...

- You are finished rolling both sets of dice and rping out the results. That means you have to make ANOTHER rp to try again!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:56 pm
Yin walked into the classroom, scanning as he stood at the doorway for a familiar face. There was no familiar white hair, so presumably Alexander had decided against going to class.

No, wait. There was a familiar bit of white hair. Yin approached the table and stood next to the empty seat before giving the demoness a slight bow. "Good afternoon Miss Xiu-Ying. Do you have a partner for this class as of yet?" He was actually rather glad he had run into her. He still needed to thank her for helping him and Alexander, and he also had a question he needed to ask her.

Plus the ghoul seemed gentle, and gentle was a good thing when dealing with sick and injured dummies. He glanced toward Nurse Cricket's desk as he waited to make sure it was okay to sit, he truly did not wish to fail in front of the ghost.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 pm
Hmm, she hadn't done too half bad last time...but how would her attempt today go? The baku had tried her best to read up on various ailments and treatments before class today, so hopefully that would give her a bit of an advantage when it came to treating the dummies today. Unfortunately, since it didn't look like these was anyone she knew in this class, she would probably be working alone again.

Or so she thought, when a friend suddenly approached her. At once, the ghoul's pink eyes lit up, and she scrambled out from her seat to return the bow. "Yin Cang! I'm happy to see a familiar face!" The fact that her tail was wagging eagerly behind her was a testament to that fact, though it paused as she cocked her head to the side and considered his question. "A partner? No, not yet. Would you like to work together today?"

She hadn't seen him since the festival, and she had missed speaking to him. Had anything interesting happened, she wondered? Were he and Alex doing well? Xiu had plenty of questions to ask, and she was certain that she would get the chance to voice said questions in this class.

ramenli rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 pm
Yin happily nodded at her, feeling rather at ease. He was in a class with a professor that he rather liked, and he was going to be working with one of his friends. "I would like that very much Miss Xiu-Ying. It is very pleasant to see you again."

Before he sat down he went over and got a dummy to take back to their table. "Should we go ahead and get started with this then? I believe we have to diagnose it first." He was fairly content to let her diagnose this one, and he could wait to ask her about Princess Eva until the end of class.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Kaiyumi rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:22 pm
Sliding back into her seat, she waited patiently until Yin returned with one of the dummies before speaking again, a bright smile on her face. "How have you been lately? Well, I hope?"

It looked like they would have to talk and work at the same time, but probably at a soft volume so that they didn't bother anyone else in the class. Leaning forward, Xiu just had to take one look at the dummy and she had a decent guess at what was wrong. Brows drawing together, she reached out to touch the dummy's arm. "Red, hot, and dry skin," She murmured, sliding her fingers down to its wrist, "And...rapid pulse. Rapid breathing too, from the looks of it." She noted the way that the figures chest rose and fall in quick, uneven breaths.

So this must be... "Heat stroke?" She looked up at Yin for confirmation.

ramenli rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-8)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:34 am
"Heat stroke," he agreed easily after touching the skin of the dummy for confirmation. "I shall go get some ice packs to help bring the temperature down."

He slid out of this chair to go get the supplies, coming back with not only ice packs which he set directly on the dummy but also a couple of cool cloths to rub it down with. He could not remember what all he had done with Alexander in this situation, but he rather hoped that Miss Xiu-Ying could make things better.

As he work he addressed her questions. "Quite well in fact. Nurse Cricket assisted me with a few things and my plans with Alexander for this weekend have been reconfirmed."  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Kaiyumi rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 3 Total: 7 (2-8)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:08 pm
Once Yin brought the ice packs over, Xiu worked fast, rolling up her sleeves as she scanned their supplies. The ice packs were wrapped up and pressed against the dummy's body, and since there weren't any cool pools of water that they could drag the dummy into, she did the next best thing. Grabbing one of the thin blankets that was there for them to use, she doused it in water and promptly wrapped it around the figure. She had read that that would help the heat stroke victim cool down faster.

Finally, she grabbed something nearby and started to fan the dummy with it. Without turning her head away from their victim, the ghoul smiled, her gaze moving to Yin. "Is that so? I'm very happy to hear that you two have made up properly." Her smile grew into a grin as she gave a little shake of her head. "The two of you had me concerned for a while."

In the end, all she really had to do had been to drag the two together in one place and have them talk. She was certain that they would have been able to resolve their differences eventually on their own, but it made her feel better if it was done sooner than later. Who knew what kinds of things would have happened in-between if they were still fighting?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm
Yin admired her work. Unlike him she did not use too many ice packs, and her skill was obvious as she wrapped the dummy. He was lucky that he kept finding people that seemed to know what they were doing when it came to heatstroke.

"I am sorry that we concerned you Miss Xiu-Ying, I did not intend to ruin your evening. You were of great assistance and I shall not forget your kindness." If she had not brought the two of them together who knew if Alexander would ever have bought that food dish for Princess Eva. And if he had not bought the food dish he might not have come to visit. And if he had not visited than Yin might have presumed that he had been chosen by Miss Michi and probably would have tried to give him some distance as they got used to their new relationship. And if he had tried to distance himself than he probably would not be going with Alexander to his home this weekend.

He glanced around, noticing that most of the other pairs were still working on their dummies. "Should we try to diagnose and cure a new dummy while we are here? And...I do have a favor to ask of you, if I may be so bold? It is not about schoolwork."

Pass ;D  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Kaiyumi rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:54 pm
Satisfied that they had done a good job, Xiu drew back lifting a hand to brush back stray strands of white hair. Phew! While that hadn't been all that difficult, it had still made her really nervous! It looked like they had done well though, and they had finished earlier than the others to boot. That meant that they had some time to chat with each other.

"What? Oh, no, Yin Cang!" Looking alarmed, she held up both hands and shook her head furiously, "I...I didn't mean to imply that you ruined my evening! It was fun, really! I'm very glad you were willing to accompany me!" She lowered her hands as a smile grew on her face. Yes, it had definitely been nice to check out the festival with a friend, and she had even met someone new that day as well! All in all, Xiu considered it to have been an enjoyable evening.

She hummed thoughtfully at his suggestion, looking left and right as she surveyed their surroundings again. It looked like some of the other groups still had a ways to go in diagnosing their dummies so...well, why not? Smiling, Xiu hopped off her seat. "I'll go get it this time! And...oh? Of course you may ask! Just give me a moment, okay?"

And then she was off, picking up one of the dummies that had yet to be diagnosed and half-carrying, half-dragging it back with her. She somehow managed to flop the figure onto the table when she turned back to look at Yin. "What is it that I can help you with?"

ramenli rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:38 pm
Yin was appalled at what was happening.

Appalled.

The pretty and dainty Miss Xiu-Ying was getting their next victim dummy. He had been slightly startled by her offering too, and by the time it had clicked she was already dragging it over. He tried to help arrange it on the table but was still rather mortified.

So much for leaving home and growing a backbone.

"Well actually Miss Xiu-Ying," he started, trying not to focus on what had just happened, "Alexander is taking me home with him to meet his parents." Any comments about getting the hard part of the relationship over with first would be lost on the mantodae boil. "And it does not appear that Princess Eva entirely approves of him. I do not know how well she would take to meeting an entire family of zombies so I was...I was hoping that perhaps you could look after her? I would need to drop her off on Tombsday night, and I shall not be back until Moonday."

As he spoke he checked the dummy, trying to diagnose it. "I think that the dummy might have hypothermia?"  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Kaiyumi rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-8)

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:17 pm
Xiu didn't notice Yin's reaction to her grabbing the dummy--if she had, she probably would have cast a very confused look in his direction--and she settled back into her seat, listening intently as her friend began to tell her what was on his mind. She rose her brows slightly when he told her that he would be meeting Alex's parents--only because, with the way he worded it, it sounded like...well, what one did when they were dating--but she pushed that unfounded assumption away.

A small frown tugged on her lips when she was told that Princess Eva didn't like Alex--but...but he was so nice!--though that quickly faded, replaced instead by round eyes and a slightly open mouth. Could he possibly be asking her...? He was!

At once, the baku grinned, tail wagging happily behind her. "I would be happy to take care of her! I'm sure she and Shu would get along very well!" Hopefully, anyways. Her Dream Blossom was a rather friendly minipet, which was more than she could say about her two male minis.

She was so excited that she nearly missed Yin's diagnosis. In fact, it took her a moment to process his words before she nodded quickly. "Yes, I believe that's right! I'll go get some blankets." A lot of blankets. Her mind wasn't really focused on the task at hand anymore, alas.

ramenli rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-8)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:27 pm
A happily relieved smile crossed his face. As Miss Xiu-Ying went to get blankets he began rubbing the dummy's lower arms and hands vigorously, trying to improve its circulation. When the blankets arrived...were there too many blankets? He began swaddling the dummy as he spoke. "Thank you very much Miss Xiu-Ying, I shall owe you a favor. Is there a specific time I should come drop her off on Tombsday?"

The dummy looked like it was about as good as it was going to get, though his swaddling technique was not perfect. Still, body temperature seemed to be going up. "You are quite good at this Miss Xiu-Ying."  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

Kaiyumi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:19 am
Xiu was quick to hold up her hands, a grin spreading over her face. "No, no, you don't owe me anything--I'd love to have her over for a few days! I just hope she likes me!" The baku looked a little anxious as her gaze absently flickered towards their treated dummy. Well...she would simply have to hope that she gave the minipet a good first impression, she supposed! And Shu could definitely help with that.

Her head jerked up as Yin spoke again, and she looked to him in surprise. It took her a moment to process his words before she offered him an embarrassed smile. "N-no, not at all! I just did some prior review, is all!" She rubbed the back of her neck, cheeks flushed, "Besides, I couldn't have done any of this without you, Yin Cang."

It was true--Yin was pretty skilled with this first aid stuff himself. With the two of them working together, they managed to pool together their skill and knowledge to get the job done in a quick and neat manner. Not bad!

[ Passed! ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:37 pm
Yin all but held his breath when Nurse Cricket came over to inspect their work, he knew this emotion, even if it was not as strong as when he had felt it before. It was the same feeling he had had toward his martial arts instructor. He had wanted to make her proud, to show her that he was worth the time and effort of training. She passed them on both of their dummies and he ducked his head to hide the smile stretching across his face.

"Thank you Miss Xiu-Ying for working with me. I shall bring Princess Eva by on Tombsday evening then." He held open the door as they exited class and then disappeared down the hallway in the opposite direction that she had headed.  

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces