Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Squirtle's Tank Upgrade opportunity

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:32 am
I would like to know this as soon as possible. As several know, I've been looking to upgrade Squirtle's (an adult male RES turtle) tank. I got the dimensions of his tank and looked them up and found out he's in a 20 gallon long tank... I have found out from one of my coworkers that someone is giving away tanks, most of them for free. The free ones are somewhere around 45 gallons, which would be a fairly nice upgrade in themselves. The only one that isn't free is a 56 gallon cube tank that he's selling for $100. Would the 56 gallon cube tank be a good one to get, or should I go with one of the others? I think I'll be able to get at least most of the accessories for the tank if not all of the needed accessories with the tank, most likely for free because his landlord wants him to get rid of them, which is why they're free. I've known about this for a while and have been trying to get advice. I would like some more advice as soon as possible on which tank to go with. I know those are too small too, but they're much better than what he's in now, and I'm sure he'll be happier in one of those than the one he's in now... I do still want to get him in a 75 gallon tank some day, but the sooner he's in a bigger tank anyways, the better. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:28 pm
I think it would depend, if the 45 is like a 55, where it is like a foot wide, and 3 feet long, then it would be more cramped and I would go with the 56, however, if you can afford it, I would go with the 56 anyway, those RES get big!!! make sure they are the ones that can hold water, not the thin glass ones! the only 56 I could find was 260, and it came with a stand, so it might be worth the money!  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:51 am
He's definitely cramped... The tank he's in now is only a foot wide and a foot tall, and I can't fill the tank all the way... sad I was told it's being sold for that amount because the guy paid $500 for it. They are the kind that can hold water, considering they are/were being used as regular aquariums. Now I'm definitely leaning towards the 56 gallon cube tank. biggrin I'll probably be able to get the stand, filter and heater for it too. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:49 pm
I say go with which ever tank is longer. My turtles dont have a tank right now(it broke redface ) but they are in a really long bucket like thing and they are more active then when they were in the tank. By the way how old and how big are your turtles? Mine are only two years old and they are only about 5-6 inches and I have no idea when they are gonna be full size  

Elly_the_lost_penguin

Krissim Klaw
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:18 am
CrissAngelLover12345
He's definitely cramped... The tank he's in now is only a foot wide and a foot tall, and I can't fill the tank all the way... sad I was told it's being sold for that amount because the guy paid $500 for it. They are the kind that can hold water, considering they are/were being used as regular aquariums. Now I'm definitely leaning towards the 56 gallon cube tank. biggrin I'll probably be able to get the stand, filter and heater for it too. biggrin
I would probably put in an offer of 75$ on the 56 gallon. Never hurts to see if you can haggle a bit. wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 am
Krissim Klaw
CrissAngelLover12345
I would probably put in an offer of 75$ on the 56 gallon. Never hurts to see if you can haggle a bit. wink

Might not be a bad idea. I could afford the $75 a little better. ^^  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces