Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply Off-Topic
Just a note to everyone:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15 am

... Just because a company or business cannot/will not accommodate your request, that doesn't mean they have bad Customer Service. Either they cannot/will not due to legal reasons, company/business policy, lack of resources, or otherwise. Don't assume they have bad Customer Service; you're just looking like an a*****e for misunderstanding the meaning of "No."
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:44 am

I guess the idea is tied to what is a "reasonable accommodation"- but just out of courisotiy, what brought it up?

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 am

Lol, did something like this happen to you?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:57 pm

Yes. Some F$#r; of a customer said I'm inconsiderate and "not upholding company policy" because I won't give her what she wanted. Okay...

1) I'm not inconsiderate. I was TRYING to help her by telling her different ways to get what she wants. She just didn't get her exact wishes because some of her requests were simply not possible.

2) Don't talk to me about not upholding company policy. I'm an employee of the company; I know more about the company's policy than her sorry a**. In fact, I AM upholding company policy by not giving her what she wanted because, again, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE.

3) If she thinks life is going to hand her things on a silver platter, then she'd better get the F%#@ out of my face, because I WILL de-escalate anyone if needed.

mad

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:07 pm

The customer is most definitely not always right. In fact, in my experience, the customers who use that line are almost always wrong.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:01 pm

I've only ever seen bad customer service once. Sure they were doing what they were paid too, but the way that guy did it was jsut wrong. Im like 5 and he leans right up to me and tells me, with a cruelish expression on his face, "No." Who the hell would do that to a little kid? Sure the mom maybe, but the kid???

And even then, it was jsut that one person.

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100
Off-Topic

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items