Reply 29. ✿ - - - School and Work
Roomies

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

To confront, or not to confront?
  Confront her or it'll get worse
  Don't do it, you're just blowing things out of proportion.
View Results

Cerberus0.4

5,900 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:51 pm
In August, I started my first semester of college, and I was originally planning on staying home, but a day or two before move in day, the campus called me up and told me I had been accepted into student housing and they were ready for me to move into a dorm (which are more like apartments since they have full kitchens, livingrooms, bedrooms and bathrooms) on freshmen move in day. As excited as I was, I was also scared. It would be the first time I was away from my family, even though they live a mere 20 min drive from the campus and later my mom decided to join me so she could get her masters. But I made it, and as I look back on my time here, I've noticed I haven't warmed up to this campus. It's like there's something blocking me from connecting with everyone but a select few, which does not include my roommate, so when it comes down to anything, it's so weird rooming with her.

First off, I can't say I dislike her. Not at all, she's an awesome person and she's really nice, but she's also very socialable and I'm the exact opposite of her. What it comes down to is that sometimes she'll have 3-8 people in the dorm room at the same time, and I have my own space where I like everything to be...well....quiet. I don't complain to her. Heck, I didn't complain when she moved around the room when I was out of town and cut my personal space in half. I respect the fact that we're both living in this area, but when it boils down to about 3 in the morning and the tv is blasting a movie while these 3-8 people are trying to talk over it and I have an early class the next day, that's when I can't stand it and I don't wanna come off as mean and spiteful toward her so I keep quiet and let it be. I'll mind my own business and continue on with my work and what not.

However there are things that she does that makes me just want to punch her. Like a few days ago I was a little ill and I kinda passed out on my desk, which is located in the livingroom area. Well, only reason I woke up was cause there were about 7 people in my room screaming about how Justin Bieber was basically a horrible person for some reason or another. Then there are the times where she just ignores the fact that i exist and early in the morning will have people over and leave the bedroom door while they talk as if no one is asleep in the next room. And also, which has been going on since the middle of last semester, people barging in the room looking for her and not saying a word to me. I mean, I get it, you're looking for someone, but at least have the decency to knock or say 'hello'. I expecially hate that. About 5 of her friends will do that at any random point, let it be during the day or, for example, right now, when her best friend just walked in at 2 in the morning as if she lived here and went right into our bedroom when my roomie has been asleep for about two hours.

I'm not trying to sound bitchy or anything, but I need advice on how to confront her about this before stress and sleepless nights make me loose my mind and end up snapping on her for asking me how my day was.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:06 pm
This is a little late so I'm not sure if you've solved this already, but if not you should confront her. Just tell her that you don't like that she isn't regarding your personal space and that you don't appreciate not being allowed to sleep. If she has a problem with your confrontation then if you can switch roommates with some one or try to come to a compromise. [most likely compromise, swapping is a bit extreme]

MagiPuff

Shirtless Citizen

Shala livid

8,240 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:12 pm
You have to talk to her about this problem. No matter how much you don't 'dislike' or 'like' this person not saying anything will only lead to more sleepless nights and random people barging in.

If after having a nice chat things don't go better or your roommate is unwilling to compromise (or even listen to you) then it would be best to change roommates if possible.

best of luck! I hope things go better  
29. ✿ - - - School and Work

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff