Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Ungrateful

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anime_freak_kouga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:19 pm
So today a Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix followed my little brother home from school. The dog had tags, and one of the tags even had her home phone number on it. I gave it a call, and not too long after her owner came to get her.

The owner, however, was a real jerk (and that's putting it nicely). A) As soon as the dog saw her owner she ran to my front door and tried to get into my house and away from him. B) When I told the dog no (to trying to get into my house) the owner snapped at me and said, "She only listens to me." Yes, the dog only listened to him, that is why she was trying to escape him, and that is why she sat nicely and stayed when I asked her to for me to take a photo rolleyes The guy left without even saying thank you for calling him about his lost dog.

I did a good deed, and the guy didn't even appreciate it. It is people like him that really, really make me angry. I just felt like telling the owner, "Actually, no. You can't have your dog back because you are an a*****e. Go home."

And that is my rant for the day. Thanks for listening xd

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:56 am
aww, poor dog. If you see him again you should just keep him ninja  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

anime_freak_kouga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:56 pm
I was actually thinking, if I see the dog again I was wondering if I could phone animal control and just say that I suspect her owner is treating her poorly and have them do some sort of inspection or something?

The dog appearance-wise looked healthy. Good weight, clean coat and teeth... But the fact that she tried so hard to paw her way into my house to get AWAY from her owner makes me wonder if he doesn't treat her properly.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:43 pm
People. They suck.

Once I was working on off-leash with Kayda. A dog went by across the street without my noticing, and she bolted across the street to try and say hi. The pair of bitches who were walking their dogs started screaming and hitting at Kayda while picking up Princess and Pompom (legit names). When I noticed I called for her and she came right back to me. I leashed her immediately and was about to apologize when she snaps "Wow, way to take care of your dog." This is the following dialogue.

"I'm sorry but please don't talk like that."
"Why? Your stupid mutt just tried to attack Princess and Pompom"
"Actually if you would have noticed she wanted to play. By the way, don't you ever f--king hit my dog again."
"What'd you just say to me?"
"If you ever hit my dog again, I'll report you."
"Actually I have half a mind to report you right now! Leash laws!"
"Well my dog was on my property and under my direction, a momentary lapse doesn't count as letting her run free."
"I'll call the police! I've got a phone on me right now!"
"Congratulations! I'll tell them how you hit MY dog!"
"I'll do it! I'll call!"
"Then do it!"
"I really honest to god will call!"
"I don't give a shi*. You attacked my dog, any resulting attack would have been under self defense" (such b.s. I was sprouting)

This continued for about half an hour till my brother came outside and 'apologized' for me. I thought to myself "That was really bitchy, what would I have done in that situation?"

A few weeks later I was able to test said situation. Kayda was in our backyard, tethered, chewing on a turkey neck. A nearby friend of mine was chatting with me, when the dog from the house diagonal to us got loose and ran into our backyard. I grabbed Kayda and my friend Matt grabbed Victor, the full grown dumb a** Saint Bernard. Kayda wasn't pleased at having a big male dog on her property in her face trying to get her bone. The owner ran out right away and came and grabbed him, and apologized a thousand times over. That's how you handle when someone catches YOUR dog. Apologize that it got loose and thank them for catching him. I told him it wasn't a problem, I understood, and it really was okay. Despite that we had to break up an almost-fight (I'm so glad I had Matt there), I STILL didn't yell, threaten to call the police, or hit his dog. Lfmm.  

Azusanga

vampireneko57

Vampiric Neko

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:11 pm
I feel sorry for that dog. You should keep an eye out for him and the dog.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:25 pm
@ Azusanga : They shouldn't have treated you and your dog like that.  

vampireneko57

Vampiric Neko

anime_freak_kouga

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:11 pm
@Azusanga

Wow, that situation was handled horribly on that woman's part... But thankfully that second scenario you described was handled well and that your brother was there to help you prevent a potential fight. Dog fights are never a fun thing to experience :XP:

See, if I am walking my dogs Grace and Pixie (she doesn't get along well with other dogs due to past events) so if I see a dog off a leash run up to my dog (friendly or not) I simply try to keep the other dog away from my own until I see an owner and say, "My dog doesn't get along with others." Some call and leash their dogs right away and apologize nicely. Good. Situation done and dealt with appropriately. While OTHER people just yell at their dog to come, and he/she is not listening. Instead, the dog is running circles around both of mine, getting them both worked up (Pixie and Grace, despite their delicate names, are larger dogs. Border Collie mix and Shepherd/Husky mix) so I am trying to calm both my dogs down while also trying to keep the loose dog away from my own. That's stressful for me and the dogs. And I hate that, when someone has their dog off leash and the dog doesn't listen worth s**t. THAT makes me angry, because then those dogs always come after mine to tease, and then I get looked at like the horrible person because my one dog Pixie is barking and growling.

My own number one rule is: if your dog doesn't listen to you off leash, don't let the dog off to begin with, because it's not safe for anyone or the dog itself.

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games