Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Oh No Kennel Cough!!!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elly_the_lost_penguin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:03 pm
Last saturday I took the animals to get thier vaccines at the animal shelter and now Riley, Lucy, Milo and Zim ALL have kennel cough. crying I'm trying to treat it with mostly natural remedies but its hard to do with little help from my family. I've been giving them all vitamin C and echinacea twice a day, feeding them chicken soup(sounds wierd but it helps the cough), putting them in the bathroom full of steam for 15 minutes everyday and giving them honey for thier throats. I don't have money to take them all to the vet and get them antibiotics. They are all pretty healthy and they eat and drink and play like normal. Does anyone else know anything else that will help them get better?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:34 pm
The kennel I worked at had a bout of kennel cough once with a few of the foster dobermans... we gave them 1tbs of honey twice a day with food, 10 drops of a medicine called "Cough" (I have no idea what it's actually called, it was in a dropper bottle) twice a day with food, and 3ml of Robutussin or Delsym once a day. The got over it in about 4-6 days or so. We also bleached the crap out of EVERYTHING twice a day. That stuff can linger anywhere if you don't clean for it.  

Ailinea

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff