Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
I love my horse-based therapy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 pm
This is Tonka. He's my therapy horse. It's super cool that I get to spend time with horses as my form of therapy. He was SUPER sassy today, he saw me approach him with the halter, shook his head, took a big mouthful of hay, and trotted away. I got within 7 feet of him and he trotted away again. I knew I was gonna spend an hour catching him, so I grabbed a treat from my pocket and roped him that way. When we got into the barn he started chewing on my pocket. Not just any pocket, but the pocket with the treats. He started tossing his head and trying to knock them out of my hands. Dork. He's an amazing horse. I was grooming him with a soft brush and then a stiff brush, then decided to pick his hooves, right? No biggie. I got to his back right foot, and when I finished cleaning it I let him put it down. He put it down. On my foot. Sweetjesus it HURT.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:03 pm
You are so lucky to have that in your area!! all the ones around me are for children only. sorry to hear the guy stepped on your foot.  

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:49 pm
Horse therapy! That is super cool. Do you think they have something like that for people with severe social anxiety disorder?

Look forward to hearing how it works out xD

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:44 pm
Vanilla eXee
Horse therapy! That is super cool. Do you think they have something like that for people with severe social anxiety disorder?

Look forward to hearing how it works out xD

that's pretty much what iI have so yes they do. He looked awesome once his hair was brushed out, he nickered and tossed his head at the nearby mare rolleyes he didn't wanna leave, he was really cuddly today.  

Azusanga

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:28 am
well no wonder it hurt!!! he weighs almost a ton LOL he is handsome!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 pm
Horse therapy programs are just amazing!

I volunteer with one of the programs near us and it's so rewarding. But the horse center where I go isn't exactly near us so I haven't been able to go back and volunteer in awhile. I really enjoyed it though so when I can start driving I plan to start back volunteering  

Animelover955

Azusanga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:48 pm
Today was a great day for Tonka and I, 3 big firsts. First one- I rode him. Ive been using him for a few months but have been happy by just grooming him. Second- I rode him. I haven't ridden since I was 10, so it's been 6 years since I've graced a horse's back (yes I'm 16). Third- I rode bareback for the first time EVER. it was such a weird combinations of firsts. At the beginning I almost fell off, since I was still getting my seat adjusted when he started walking ._. but after my therapist let me go on my own with him, 4 years of weekly lessons came rushing back. Holding the reigns, steering, gripping with the legs, all of it. My therapist commented that I looked more comfortable in the saddle than on the ground, so I'm soaking up the horse-high like no otter right now <3  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:25 pm
I had a horse step on my foot before as well. sweatdrop Luckily, she got her hoof off my foot quickly, but my foot hurt for a good while.  

vampireneko57

Vampiric Neko

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces