Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
so is it true?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Conker4253

Romantic Lover

9,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:19 am
I've hard that there are some religious are agents there believes in same sex marriage , is that true or not?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:09 am
Can you rephrase what you posted? I am having trouble understanding what you mean and are asking...  

Blackrose_Knight

Devoted Pirate

GRIZZLYBEARD

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:43 am
Blackrose_Knight
Can you rephrase what you posted? I am having trouble understanding what you mean and are asking...

I think he meant.

"I've heard that there are some religion that are against their beliefs in same sex marriage?"

and in response to him. Yeah there are some religion that are against their religious beliefs about the same sex marriage.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:26 am
If you're asking if there are religions that are not against same-sex marriage: Yes.

Off-hand, the Unitarian church comes to mind, and I know that among many Christian denominations there are individuals or entire congregations that support same-sex marriage.

A quick check on Wiki says:

Quote:
The United Church of Christ and the Alliance of Baptists also condone gay marriage, and some parts of the Anglican and Lutheran churches allow for the blessing of gay unions.

Quote:
Satanism, in the LaVey tradition, is open to all forms of sexual expression, and does not preclude homosexuality.

Full article on Wikipedia here  

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:51 am
I'm a little confused. I am a Methodist, which is a kind of Christian church. I do not believe that the Methodist church has decided one way or the other. It is up to the pastors and individual people. My mom is a pastor and she supports gay rights.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games