Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Fish question

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:42 am
I have noticed I have a pretty bad algae problem (it's the common green algae) in my tank since Ace has died... I would like an algae eater fish that has a lower bio load than a pleco, would be good for a 10 gallon tank, and would get along well with a Betta. Does anyone have any suggestions? I saw some Chinese Algae eaters at the pet store, did some research on them and found they get to be 20 inches long and are aggressive when they get older, so I'm not sure that I want one of those...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:45 am
Pretty much any fish that eats algae is going to have a pretty large bioload. The exception being otocinclus, but they need to be in groups so that ends up evening it out.

Something to look into might be nerite snails.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:36 am
Nerite snail, or a trio of Ottos!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:59 pm
I'll look into them. biggrin I will also look into snails too, though, because who knows, I might find one I like. lol. I'm currently doing some research on them.

Edit: Now that I have gotten a couple suggestions and am looking up both, I'm starting to lean towards the nerite snail.

Another Edit: After doing some more research and thinking about it, I have decided to get the nerite snails. How many should I get?  

CrissAngelLover12345

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:01 pm
You could get a couple. They can't reproduce in fresh water, so you won't get over run. I really like the Horned Nerites. SO COOL!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:54 am
I'll post pictures of them when I get them! biggrin  

CrissAngelLover12345

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas