Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Um... what?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:26 pm
So I was talking to a friend and homosexuality came up. He was saying how you know demons and blah. Then I said it's not a choice, you're born like that and he said I shouldn't say that they have a mental defect like that just because they're gay.

Um... What?

He doesn't know that I'm bisexual and I think that about myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:30 pm
Forgive me, I know he's your friend, but...close minded, stupid, and rude person! stressed Ugh!  

Ivy_sins

6,600 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200

Merchant of the Devil

Wealthy Sex Symbol

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:40 pm
Ivy_sins
Forgive me, I know he's your friend, but...close minded, stupid, and rude person! stressed Ugh!

Sorry I wrote this fast. It's just some random gaia forum person razz I just didn't feel like writing that so it's okay. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 pm
People did use to think that it was a mental disorder. (I was taking Abnormal Psychology, and they had a passage about how people used to think about it) For most people it is not a choice.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

xXHazukashiiXx

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:11 pm
It was disproved as a mental disorder, and its certainly not a choice. If you try to force someone thats a homosexual into being straight, you will ******** up their mental state causing them depression. ie, Me :3. You are born with the attraction to a certain sex. Its completely natural, we're technically not harming anyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:23 pm
I do agree with you, what I was trying to say was that views have changed. Homosexuality used to be viewed as a mental disorder, but is not any more. I think 99% of people don't have a choice in their orientation, but there are some who do chose.  

Yoseisame

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200

ForeverDreamWithinADream

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:24 am
A long time ago people used to think it was a mental defect and a disease or just a choice but studies are showing otherwise, that it isn't a choice or a disease but many still don't know as that is what they grew up to believe.

Some believe it has to do with hormones but studies are still going on,there are still many studies and theories going on but it is no longer considered a mental disorder by psychiatrist.

There is a lot to sexual orientation though, not just physical and sexual attraction.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 am
No no, let him have his fun. Let him believe you know demons. The next time he is a nuisance, just threaten to Release the Horde, and he'll back down due to intimidation and a sheer lack of balls.  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Forensicka

6,950 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:20 am
lgtenos
No no, let him have his fun. Let him believe you know demons. The next time he is a nuisance, just threaten to Release the Horde, and he'll back down due to intimidation and a sheer lack of balls.

Mind if I borrow that idea? That sounds more effective than logical argument.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games