Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
My Newest additions!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:02 am
I got two nerite snails on Tuesday! I'm finally getting around to posting pictures of them. I think one is a zebra snail and the other is a Tiger snail. ^_^ Here are pictures!

Here's Gary. I named this one Gary after the snail in Sponge Bob because I placed it on the pineapple decoration in my tank after the acclimation process, and up until sometime last night, it remained on/in the pineapple. XD

User Image
Still in the bag during the acclimation process

User Image
The underside, still during the acclimation process. He did not want to remain in the water and kept wanting to climb up the bag lol. I think he was looking for food, considering his mouth was also opening and closing.

User Image
on the pineapple (It looks a lot better now too. ^_^)

I tried to get some of the front of his shell because the pattern on the front is a little different from the pattern on the side/back, but he wouldn't turn to face me. I'll try again later lol.

Here's the other one (I haven't named him yet. Any suggestions? )

User Image
In the bag during the acclimation

User Image
One side of him

User Image
Front of his shell

User Image
the other side of his shell. He was spinning on the dragon for a little while, enabling me to get a picture of each side of him.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:15 am
Those babies are so pretty. -tempted to pick some up when I go for cat food this weekend-  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:18 am
They are. whee The store also had leopard ones. I was tempted to get one of those too, but I didn't want to overdo it on the snails lol. I like watching them and my betta a lot too. I do have to monitor them to make sure they don't get out of the tank where my filter is hanging. Does anyone have any idea how I can close in the gap there without having to remove the filter? I like that filter and don't want to have to go with a canister/under water filter because of the snails. So far, though, the only one that looked like it might is the one that I haven't named yet. After he left the dragon that I placed him on (which was shortly after he was finished resting lol), he went to the glass and up the glass on the back and decided to rest right in the back corner where the gap is. Thankfully he never escaped, though. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:55 am
When I had snails I used duct tape to keep them in. I put duct tape on the filter and all, but I put some tape on the bottom of the tape in some areas so that it would cover the tank, but not stick to anything, that way I could remove the filters and hood without needing new tape if that makes any sense.  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

CrissAngelLover12345

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:14 am
Um... I'm a little confused on how you would do that... sweatdrop  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash