Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
Questioning my sexuality

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hawkmaster91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:39 pm
Hello, My name is Noel/ Kathleen. I'm mtf transgender. Lately I've been confused with my sexuality and preferences. I am physically attracted to guys, just not emotionally. Where as I'm attracted emotionally to girls but not physically. There are a few exceptions. When I was dating a guy I felt the attraction, but except for two of my exs, nothing was happening  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:42 pm
hi. I am new here. I am confused. I have an attracted to guys and girls. Well, I suspect so, I suspect I am asexual or don't have a high libido. I don't know. But I Have felt that at times that maybe I was in the wrong body. I don't recall feeling my self in this body. I am not sure if I am just a tomboy. maybe I am bisexual, if It were just being a tomboy I guess I would question this.

If someone could help me figure this out. or give some advice, I would appreciate it.

I have been attracted to both the male and female body. Emotional attracted With either one I have no idea.  

purplefan100

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:00 pm
hawkmaster91
Hello, My name is Noel/ Kathleen. I'm mtf transgender. Lately I've been confused with my sexuality and preferences. I am physically attracted to guys, just not emotionally. Where as I'm attracted emotionally to girls but not physically. There are a few exceptions. When I was dating a guy I felt the attraction, but except for two of my exs, nothing was happening

Hello Kathleen. It seems like you're in quite the predicament. I'm not sure if you remember me or not, but I first posted in this guild when I believed I was transgender. You were the first to respond. So I'll try and return the favor. Back when I was transgender (now I just consider myself a really feminine guy), I never had the problem you did, as I was still attracted solely to females, and identified as lesbian. I do find it a bit odd though that you're physically attracted to guys, and emotionally attracted to females. So one half of the equation just isn't adding up with both. My own suggestion would be to date mtf transgender individuals such as yourself, because depending on which stage of transition they are in, they may still have male bodies, even though personality wise they are female. I know that mtf transgender individuals like that are out there, because even when I was Madelyn, I preferred to keep my male body (for personal reasons). I'm not sure if my suggestion helps any, but with your situation, there's not much you can do in terms of who you date, since half of the pieces are always missing.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:07 pm
purplefan100
hi. I am new here. I am confused. I have an attracted to guys and girls. Well, I suspect so, I suspect I am asexual or don't have a high libido. I don't know. But I Have felt that at times that maybe I was in the wrong body. I don't recall feeling my self in this body. I am not sure if I am just a tomboy. maybe I am bisexual, if It were just being a tomboy I guess I would question this.

If someone could help me figure this out. or give some advice, I would appreciate it.

I have been attracted to both the male and female body. Emotional attracted With either one I have no idea.

Good evening. Welcome to the Guild. Based on the information you gave, I'd lean towards bisexual. You could also very well be a tomboy, but I don't know enough about you to really determine that. But being that you're physically female, going by your avatar, and you feel you're in the wrong body, I think it does lean you towards being a tomboy. Of course I can't say anything for certain. Back last year, I felt I was in the wrong body as well. For awhile, I considered myself transgender and lesbian, but later determined on my own, that I'm most likely more of a really feminine guy. So it's something you really have to think about.

I'm not sure if my anything I said really helps much though, so I do apologize. But I think going forward, to better help determine your sexuality, you should try developing intimate, and emotional relationships with members of both sexes, to see what you're most comfortable with.

Prince Ikari

Conservative Victory

FauxZombie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:04 am
purplefan100

If it would interest you, you could try and find a local gender/transgender group - it's sometimes interesting to attend to them and hear about other people - maybe along the way you'll find out about yourself as well.
Even if you don't associate as a transgender, you can go in support or experimentation.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:21 am
eek smile I didn't know there was such a group. Thank you. That is good advice.  

purplefan100

hawkmaster91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:08 am
Thank you to everybody for the advice  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:39 pm
I once was like that. But I grew up in a house where It was a shame to have feeling for the same sex. So when I felt feelings for the same sex I always pushed it away. Now I know who I am as a person and let myself be just that. Now I am attracted to guys 100%.

Mummys Curse

Shirtless Fatcat

meligoth666

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:44 pm
Person : "Meli, are you straight?"

Me : "As a crazy straw."

ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:05 pm
I know exactly how you feel. I'm a lesbian, but lately I've been having a crush on this guy (who doesn't notice me). He is attractive (nice face), but I find girls more desirable and would rather be in a relationship with a girl than a boy. I've had a crush on a girl, but I never blushed like I do with this boy. Anyway, I think you should try going out with a little bit of everyone, experiment, it's what I would do if I had the courage to ask anyone out. The worse part about being confused, is feeling like what you thought you were might not be what you really are. It makes you feel like you don't even know who you really are. Good luck. I wish only for the best for you.  

Harmony8910

4,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Gaian 50

Maaxis

Greedy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:40 pm
hawkmaster91

Sounds like you're a homoromantic heterosexual. I know it sounds crazy, but it's possible. The term -romantic means to be able to fall in love with someone, an emotional attraction. The term -sexual means physical attraction. You may also be biromantic if you were once romantically attracted to a guy, you might've just not really liked your other 2 ex'es. Just a thought. :3  
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:32 am
As a youngling, I had multiple girlfriends. When I was with them I felt secure. However, I was NEVER attracted to them physically. I was attached to them because I had so much in common with them. I am one hundred percent attracted to men. I have never been in a relationship with a guy before, however I feel that if I were, I'd come to love their emotional side just as much as the physical.  

iLuV Muzics

6,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items