Submit

Upirium

Malevolent Firestarter

12,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:22 pm
This was completely my fault.. I don't care to go into the details. But I was bitten. This actually happened a few months back so if I posted this before, please ignore it...I have a bad memory
I wasn't feeding my snakes wisely...well, okay, I'll go into it. This is very stupid...
I was going to feed both of my snakes. I have far too much trust in my male, I discovered. I usually feed him by hand; dumb, I know, but I had never once been bitten. Well, I made the mistake of holding two mice...it was very stupid, and he was very confused. He missed both mice and got my hand...and didn't let go.

He coiled around my arm and kept this tight grip with his teeth on my hand and the slightest movement caused him to bite harder. I dropped both mice, trying to distract him, hoping he would let go of my hand. He didn't...

Then, he tried to eat my hand, so he started moving his jaws further up my hand... He shifted, and I actually heard my skin pop from it being torn open.

I stood there, for a good fifteen minutes with this snake stuck to my hand before he finally decides to let go.

I figured I'd still try to feed my other snake...but what does he go for? The one that was intended for the other snake. They are very different in size... I was mad.

I kept trying to deter him but he wouldn't have it.

And here's the result...
User Image
and cleaned
User Image

anddd the culprit
User Image
looked a lot worse the next morning..  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:14 pm
Ouchies! Yeah, that's one of the first things I read when looking up owning a snake.. never let them associate your hand with food. The smaller ones get put into a container where the food is already waiting for them, and the larger ones get it dropped in by feeding tweezers.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:47 am
Ouch! I'm glad my choice of reptile (my lil Rexy, a Mali Uromastyx), doesn't have teeth! He's gummed me a few times, but it doesn't hurt LOL  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:44 am
ouch. i was nipped by my ball python once but that was because i tried to move her right after a feeding. she just slowly put my hand in her mouth then pressed slightly then let go. i guess its her version of a false strike. no blood and no pain though

i have been bitten by most of my lizards because they thought my fingers were food but the largest was the beardy and she didnt do much damage at all, just a litlte bit of blood.  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items