more bad news for us

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:58 pm
So, it's looking like root canal is no longer an option for Cowboy. My teacher had done a really good job of guilting me into going that root, I was already really wanting to save the tooth, so when she offered to help me out by getting her human dentist to do it at her clinic, I was all for it. However, she is there Wednesday and Friday afternoons, the dentists are only available wednesday mornings and Monday after 6pm. So...I don't see this working. My clinic would charge me around 800-1000 dollars with my discount vs 300 for an extraction.

Sucks, people keep telling me it's just a tooth, we take out teeth all the time, they have 42, they do fine without a few. I just...it's a big tooth, and, I hate to think of my 7yr old looking like a grandpa. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:22 pm
I had the same reservations about getting one of my molars pulled. I didn't like the research saying the removing just one tooth can cause all of the other teeth to migrate. I worried about them cracking my jaw. I worried about a lot of things, but in the end, I was in pain like never before and I couldn't afford to get it filled. So out it went, no harm done. I honestly don't think Cowboy will miss his tooth, he'll be able to eat without it and dogs probably don't care about aesthetics the way that we do.  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm
Yeah...but a molar is hidden, and his premolar is well, next to the canine it's the largest tooth it's very prominent. I know he won't care, it's me who does.

Also, Rascal voiced his disapproval of me being away all week by peeing and craping on my brand new bath math sad proabably my mom had a role to play in that by letting him in my room and possibly locking him. In overnight so he wouldn't wake her up.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm
Supposedly rubber backed bath mats smell like urine to cats and stimulate them to mark their territory,

What it looks like isn't going to matter if it gets worse. I'm not sure if you said it's bothering him at all right now, but even if it's not, it could get start to later. Tooth problems are no joke. It would be ideal to save the tooth, but if you can't afford it, then you can't afford it. Better to n** this in the bud and save your money/credit for future emergencies.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:04 pm
Ya absolutely, I know it will abscess if I wait too long. He still chews with both sides of his mouth, but if I touch that tooth with a brush he jumps. The fracture is filling up with plaque right now so the root is likely infected by now. Gona talk to the dentist at my clinic this weekend. See if they'll accept his latest blood work and a referral so we can skip the pre dental exam, maybe save a bit of money and time there.

I'm just wondering, do you think it possible for a tooth ache to cause a dog to limp?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:52 pm
Maybe it could cause him to limp. I don't really have any clue haha, but maybe if it's all connected and the pains just going straight down his leg as well. My dog licked and gnawed at her legs and paws before she got her front teeth removed, but that may have been to try and stop her teeth hurting, rather then anything being wrong with her legs.

If it's any consolation she now has no teeth in the front part of her mouth xd (she is older though, 11-12). She looks relatively normal, she has an undershot jaw though. If she had a normal jaw she would probably look normal. She also still manages to eat hard things like bones, and can get through the same amount of kibble as my other fully healthy toothed dog in half the time  

DeeSpark

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff