Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Just want someone to talk to :/

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:18 am
I've had depression all my life, as long as I can remember.
I mean, who doesn't get depressed?

But lately it's been so much worse.. I can get over it; i know i'm strong enough. But the one thing that keeps pulling me back into depression is that I'm alone.

I haven't lived with my family in 3 years (I live with my boyfriend. He's in that picture below..) My family is pretty much... ******** up. To say the least. None of them care about me, and I've accepted that fact and moved on.

I haven't spoken to any of my "friends" in over a year.
The only "friends" i have, only used to talk to me when they wanted something from me. Alcohol, cigarettes, or a ride somewhere.

But now, I stay locked up in my house day after day, for at least 7 months it's been.. And I don't talk to anyone. My boyfriend always works. He never wants to talk about stuff.. I try to open up to people, and everyone pushes me away... I just don't want to feel alone anymore. =/

Sorry, this was kind of a rant..
Haven't vented my thoughts to anyone in so long .__.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:43 am
It good to vent your problems because it will make you less stressed. I have never been in a situation like your, but I have been through some bad stuff. I know it's hard and lonely and you must be sad, but I promise it will get better. If you are stuck in the house all day you could find a job or you could start schooling (college i guess?) But just know you are never alone. Just from opening up you can know that I'm here if you ever need anything.  

poisionivy1

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:26 am
You need to change your current lifestyle. try new things, new activities with your boyfriend, try meeting people that are not assholes. I have a few questions for you if I may:

Do you have a job?

do you have any hobbies?

How bad is your relationship with your family?

are you happy?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:50 am
I know the feeling. Day in, day out, pretty much never leaving this room. It's depressing having nothing to do, or no one to talk to. I've pretty much learned to get over it. Lol after 6yrs, you'd better.

You look capable of driving (unlike me emo ) so why don't you go find something to do? Even if it's just walking around the mall, getting out is good. Looking for a job would be goid too. Get you out and about, and you get paid for it biggrin and there's always part-time jobs if you don't want a full on job.

Hmm.....hobbies are good. Even at home. Gaming, puzzles, i took to playing chess with myself for a period, some kind of excercise. But there's tons to do outside to. Walking, hiking, swimming. Swimming is good biggrin guess biking XP a lot of communities have those runs normally their for a cause and you gotta pay, but they're fun.

Idk bout the talking part. I havn't had anyone to talk to since before there was anything to talk about. Kinda why i'm on gaia sweatdrop i talk to people on here. And then vent/rant in my journals. Lol my pages of journals XD  

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

xXxAutumnxLeafxXx

Shirtless Conversationalist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:51 am
Pm me and we can talk (:  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:47 am
Eh... I guess I can relate a bit. Family drama keeps me away all the time, my husband is always working and doesn't really have any time to listen, and since I am "sick" I am always trapped at home. I try to stay happy or at least show a positive attitude all the time but I can understand that pain of depression. It almost ruined my life. I only have a handful of real life friends left that I rarely talk to let alone meet with. The medicine helps but in the end it's all about self-perseverance; all I can do is think positive! If you ever wanna talk you can PM or Meebo it.  

Sailor Rapunzel

Enduring Sweetheart

11,500 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Runkle

Genius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:00 pm
Eh, I sort of had a similar situation but I just barreled through it. But if you're keeping yourself locked up, that's not helping your problem. Get out.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:25 pm
I think you should find a consulor to help you. Talking to us can only do but so much. I'm rooting for you.

-Shadow Ra Warrior  

Shadow Ra Warrior

Unbeatable Tycoon

Esiris

Newbie Sophomore

10,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:27 pm
Sin pretty much said anything I would have.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:43 pm
For the picture, i believe your the Blue cute T Shirt guy. Well, i think i posted in your profile some time ago, i am always alone too. I just do stuffs i like to do, like going to the GYM, go outside and make excersices, swimming, hear music, go to the beach, all that alone. I dont think noone want to be with me, i have a cellphone wich is empty of messages all the time, i too share with you that when people want me, is for favors, like, a ride, or to borrow something from me. Wich that sucks, thats why i dont talk to them. Anyways, i am here, talk , xD, i seem like a serious guy...i am...but not at all ^^. My name is Christian.  

Shaun Laurent

3,450 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

xXxAutumnxLeafxXx

Shirtless Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:42 pm
Haha i bes talking to you right now!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:25 pm
Shaun Laurent
For the picture, i believe your the Blue cute T Shirt guy. Well, i think i posted in your profile some time ago, i am always alone too. I just do stuffs i like to do, like going to the GYM, go outside and make excersices, swimming, hear music, go to the beach, all that alone. I dont think noone want to be with me, i have a cellphone wich is empty of messages all the time, i too share with you that when people want me, is for favors, like, a ride, or to borrow something from me. Wich that sucks, thats why i dont talk to them. Anyways, i am here, talk , xD, i seem like a serious guy...i am...but not at all ^^. My name is Christian.

Aw thank you 3nodding  

wiccan_sk8er

Dapper Businessman

8,550 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150

SharpenedMoonlight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:32 pm
Being cooped up that long isn't healthy. Get out. Do things. Or at least talk to people. I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread would be okay with some pm or texting or anything. Have you discussed this with your boyfriend?
As for the family, I understand that. Being shunned due to sexuality is a common occurrance with gays, it seems.
Jobs suck, but they get you out of the house and on a relative schedule.
And with depression, sometimes it's a clinical thing too. Are you on depression meds? I had counseling as a high schooler to help me get through things, but I also have depression that only medicine can help on top of that. I'm not saying medicate your problems away, that leads to ODing and stuff. But look at options for help.
Is there any LGBT things nearby where you could find like-minded people?  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games