Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Bought Dweezle an Easy Walk Harness!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Akari_32

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:32 am
This is old news to me, but I realized I never told you guys! Dweezle, for those of you who don't know, is my 130 pound Rotti/Australian Shepherd mix, and he is a TANK! I only have 15 or 20 pounds on him, and he's a puller. A really, really bad puller o.o When I walk him, I used to have to use a choker, pulled up around behind his ears (you know, where its supposed to go), but I would have to pull it up all the time because his fur is so soft, and the collar was actually a bit too big, so it wouldn't stay up for very long.

So, I went on a mad hunt for an Easy Walk harness, and it turns out it only can be purchased at PetSmart. So, after a trip to like 4 other pet stores, we went in there (everyone loves us there lol), and they me take the biggest one they had out of the package and put it on him. Its a tight fit (he's like all chest LOL), but I don't think it bothers him. He walks great with it on =3 Still pulls a bit because he's so freaking huge compared to me, but its so much better, and I have a lot more control over him. Plus he's a little stud muffin with it on wink

Here we are at a state park. Its a favorite place for me take him, because he can be dog aggressive (he doesn't like unstable dogs rolleyes ). We must have walked about 2 hours. He was such a good boy, even when we did come across a little dog that tried to eat him XD

Chillin' on the playground like cool kids!

User Image

User Image

User Image

I tried to no avail to get him to look at me. Something across the river that I couldn't see was just so intriguing that he sat there are stared at it for like 5 minutes! rofl

User Image

I wish I could have gotten a few full shots of him, so you can really see how nice this harness looks on him, but asking him to stay in a public place is like asking a little kid not to touch the candy in the check out line at the grocery store. As soon as he thinks your not paying attention.... ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:44 pm
Dunno if i remember seeing a picture of your dogs before. Dweezle is a ham and a half! What a cutie. Hope the harness works out well ;D  

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

SmoothSavage

Eloquent Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:55 pm
If he's still pulling at all, don't use it on him, please.

Our doggie physical therapist treats a ton of dogs that use the Easy Walker and Sense-ation harnesses for shoulder injuries. If they keep pulling, it pushes their shoulders around, and over time creates arthritis and a lot of pain.

I never recommend them at work anymore, not since I was talking with our PT about all the problems they cause.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:57 pm
Vanilla eXee
Dunno if i remember seeing a picture of your dogs before. Dweezle is a ham and a half! What a cutie. Hope the harness works out well ;D

Check out my albums on FaceBook! You'll find some there smile

Thanks! He's my boy heart He tries to be lap dog LOL Its funny XD

It seems to be working out well, last time I was at home to use it. Now I just need to teach him to respect the front door. He'll respect any other door, but the front door is just so exciting that he has to charge out head first and rip my arm off >.< Once we get walking though, as long as I keep the leash just short enough that there is very little slack, he'll walk next to me perfectly. Weening him off no slack is gunna be hard, though :/

Savage Destiny
If he's still pulling at all, don't use it on him, please.

Our doggie physical therapist treats a ton of dogs that use the Easy Walker and Sense-ation harnesses for shoulder injuries. If they keep pulling, it pushes their shoulders around, and over time creates arthritis and a lot of pain.

I never recommend them at work anymore, not since I was talking with our PT about all the problems they cause.

He'll only pull if something catches his attention. As I told Nilla, as long as I keep very little slack in the leash, he's pretty good smile  

Akari_32

Ailinea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:24 am
OMG he's gorgeous! I love rotties, so I'm in love lol. I'm so jealous! Glad he's doing so well!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:05 am
Ailinea
OMG he's gorgeous! I love rotties, so I'm in love lol. I'm so jealous! Glad he's doing so well!

Thank you! We got him for free when he was 6 weeks. Their "owner" had an accidental litter (Why the hell are you keeping two unfixed dogs if you don't want to deal a litter??) and was going to have them all put down!! D= He spent his first day with us at Pelican Pete's, sleeping under the water fountain, where the exhaust kept him warm LOL

Little did we know, we'd end up with a 130 *beast* XD He's a good boy though lol 8 years later, and he's still a big baby blaugh  

Akari_32

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff